Summer stalking boots choices

Krabryn

Hi
The usual 'hard' Vibram soles can be a bit noisy! What experience do members have of softer lightweight soled boots but which still give good ankle support and are waterproof? Any experience of new Harkila Lynx 9" or Courtenay Patrol marketed by Westley Richards? Among the zillions of military firms are there any particular suppliers / boots worth looking at?
Cheers
K

Krabyn
I wear Irish Setter 869 ground sensing boots, they are light weight and have a very flexible sole.
They are available in this country from Countrywear Clothing but the price tag is £200 I got mine from the states and they cost £80!!!!!
I find them perfect for summer stalking.

ATB Andy

For all spring/summer/light autumn work, stalking, walking, hiking, etc. I have used the Berghaus Explorers (£65), which are great for ankle support, dexterity, waterproofing, breathability, 'feel'. I just cannot fault them or find a better 'all round' boot.

Hi
The usual 'hard' Vibram soles can be a bit noisy! What experience do members have of softer lightweight soled boots but which still give good ankle support and are waterproof? Any experience of new Harkila Lynx 9" or Courtenay Patrol marketed by Westley Richards? Among the zillions of military firms are there any particular suppliers / boots worth looking at?
Cheers
K

Hi get bin touch with www.blackislander.co.uk they have some cracking boots made for them for stalking .

I've been wearing the Danner Jackal II boots now for a year (summer only) and they seem very good. No sign of wearing out either! They are extremely lightweight, about the same as a trainer, very comfortable but not very warm. Ideal for summer evening stalks!
http://www.danner.com/jackaltm-ii-gtxr-realtreer-apg-hdr-hunting-boots.html

Much cheaper if you can get someone to bring you some back from USA!!!
;)MS

+1

Had mine for 3 years, they stand up to use and abuse, very comfortable, and above all Quiet.
A bit 'spendy' in UK, as are all US products, but worth it IMHO.

Berghaus Explorer boots. Light and require very little breaking in. Im not usualy a fan of goretex lined boots but these have lasted me a couple of years.

Meindl fox boots you can get a new pair off eBay for £50 to £75 Posted. Don't go milsurp as someone will have worn them for 4-6 months in Afghanistan!

Rick

Meindl fox, mine came from ebay last year but I see the prices have jumped a bit, no longer £40 for a pair of new .

seen those fox boots are they good lads, on the piccy they look as new what do they really turn up like ?

The ones i had were new, still had the tags attached but no box. Very comfortable, very quick to lace up take off, like wearing a pair of slippers you do not know you have them on. Not tried them in really wet conditions but for summer use I find them vey good

Ive worn the Meindl's for a while but they are not exactly light, and my feet still sweat in them. Something like the harkila lynx, but at half the price would be perfect imo. Anyone have any suggestions........

I'm going for my first two stalks this weekend. I had planned to wear my Le Chameau walking boots and gaiters, but given that it's been raining solidly for a fortnight, I think I may go with the wellies.

Back