Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: incident envolveing fac puzzeld to say the least

incident envolveing fac puzzeld to say the least

i would like to hear your opinion on this one . a chap down my way some time ago had a argument with his girlfriend .he beat her then tied her to a chair held her for 3 days while he burnd her with his fags .he received 18mths jail and lost his firearms .10 years on he reaplied for his firearms and received them back 12 mths later he was caught for stalking his new girlfriend .but he sent a letter telling her if she thought the police could stop him seeing her he would shoot them aswell .no charges were brought forward but he lost his firearms again 18mths later he now has his firearms back again surely this isnt right is it

certainly does i think the firearms division has dropped a clanger i know this lad and he shouldnt have a spud gun to be honest .

On face value I agree but if there is something that you know that the Issuing authority don't then maybe you better send them a letter?

this is a bit puzzeling as they do know all about him already and his very very short temper they have had plenty of dealings with him . this guy i feel is a fuse burning slowly at the moment .

Sounds like if they need a letter of concern from a MoP to bring issues to their attention then they shouldnt be issuing firearms at all!

repeat violent offender? can't see how the Chief Constable would keep his job if this chap uses them in anger.

Letter in the Shooting Times from a guy who lost his firearms 25 years ago and did a stretch for something much less concerning than this.
    He was advised that the time involved and the sentence would all be taken into consideration.

If its as you say, I'm shocked if this is true. (which I doubt)

You say you know this guy, he lives down your way, in your opinion "is a slow burning fuse".

I would be on the phone to the Police followed by a letter to ensure your feelings are made known.

If indeed its as you say, your conscience will be clear if he does go off on one.

Very often it is wrongly assumed that police are aware of rumour and inuendo. In this case where he has served time and a complaint has been made regarding his conduct, he should not have a FAC. Full stop.!

To be honest, I doubt very much if the police are aware of the "facts" as you put it. I have never heard of a FAC holder threatening to shoot anyone, far less the police and being issued or allowed to keep their guns.

Its more than a clanger thats been dropped if he has!
    Last edited by bobthedug; 16-04-2012 at 09:42.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Sounds like if they need a letter of concern from a MoP to bring issues to their attention then they shouldnt be issuing firearms at all!

repeat violent offender? can't see how the Chief Constable would keep his job if this chap uses them in anger.

Letter in the Shooting Times from a guy who lost his firearms 25 years ago and did a stretch for something much less concerning than this.
    He was advised that the time involved and the sentence would all be taken into consideration.

i can assure you it is true .my conscience is very clear and its not my clanger .and who am i to tell the fao dept to do there job if they cant get it right ?.
    its not down to me to chase it up the rossers have f--ked up big time on this one .

Quote Originally Posted by bignoel View Post
    .my conscience is very clear
    So you have written to the FLD with your concerns, then?

As far as 'not telling the fao dept how to do their job'; from my point of view, as a legit FAC-holder, I have had occasionally to refocuss the FLD's attention on the way in which my own FAC stuff has been dealt with. I'd therefore have no hesitation at all in dropping them a line about another FAC-holder's circumstances if I felt there was something amiss.