Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre DSC 1 course

Pre DSC 1 course

I attended the pre DSC1 course at the weekend with Stalkinginengland (Bunwell Wood Shoot) and I have to say
    it was one of the best weekends I have in a long while.
    The course was both informative and really enjoyable, spent in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
    The course was run over 2 days, day 1 was spent in doors learning about deer,habitat,seasons etc and day 2 was
    a simulated stalk in the park and a shooting test, 2 shots off a rest at 100yrds, 2 shots standing with sticks at 60yrds,
    2 shots kneeling with sticks at 40yrds all at a 4" target on a deer silhouette. Most of the group were caught out by the
    very gusty wind conditions whilst standing using the sticks (me included) but one young lad rose to the challenge and shot a group that a person shooting off a bench rest would be proud of.(well done Scott)
    For anyone who's not to sure about passing their DSC1 I would thoughly recommend this course, It taught me that I need to work on my shooting technique using sticks before I commit to take my DSC1.
    Many thanks to Mark and Sue(good food) and the team, Sorry Rob for shooting your Fox on Saturday night I know you've been after it for a while ,sorry but it still makes me laugh.
    Last edited by .243Ady; 16-04-2012 at 17:24.

You ought to be ashamed Ady just not the done thing shooting another mans fox

Felt a bit bad, he'd been out every morn/evening for about 10 days, couldn't go that night because he was out with stalker.
    He's a good bloke Rob, and I was grateful to be given the chance, just lucky
    Last edited by .243Ady; 16-04-2012 at 16:55.

Well done on the fox Adrian, Glad you enjoyed the two days, we certainly did.

Regards

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Now booking for June so if you are interested please have a look at training courses on the SD or www.stalkinginengland.co.uk

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Ha ha yea ditto mark , congrats on the fox you really have got up his nose about that one maybe you need to give him a few pointers Adrian , and i also agree it was a completely brilliant weekend , i personally learnt a hell of allot and even if i don't take my Dsc1 straight away its certainly helped me with college work and work in itself, and yet after all this tutoring Adrian you still call antlers "Horns"

Quote Originally Posted by SirTBOB View Post
    Ha ha yea ditto mark , congrats on the fox you really have got up his nose about that one maybe you need to give him a few pointers Adrian , and i also agree it was a completely brilliant weekend , i personally learnt a hell of allot and even if i don't take my Dsc1 straight away its certainly helped me with college work and work in itself, and yet after all this tutoring Adrian you still call antlers "Horns"
    Sorry T Bob was just sitting here reading my section1 and cleaning my rifle , what was that about antlers

Without wishing to be negative I fail to see the point of such a course, isn't that what the dsc1 is designed for?

Frank

hi how much does the course cost thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post
    Without wishing to be negative I fail to see the point of such a course, isn't that what the dsc1 is designed for?

Frank
    Id like to know the point also - the DSC is pretty basic stuff. I find it incredible there is even a pre-dsc1 now.
    But then there has always been alot of money in running courses

Scotland I hear rumour is rejecting the DSC1 as it doesnt even carry a level of assessment of competence other than ability to hit a target