Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: FAC Application and gaining further 'Permission'

  1. #1

    FAC Application and gaining further 'Permission'

    HI
    I am about to apply for my FAC and I have been given permission to shoot vermin on about 70 acres of land - (it belongs to my wife's son who currently uses a .17 HMR on it)
    Permission to shoot on other pieces of land are still pending! If I get permission on other land after my FAC has been granted (fingers crossed) How do I inform the police as I believe they have to approve it for use
    Does this mean I would have to pay for a variation I wonder? Are there any other factors that need taking into consideration?

    Thanks
    Ed

  2. #2
    No fee involved. Depends what your FAC says. If it names land then you will have to send your FAC back and get it added. If it says 'over land approved by the chief constable' then you just need to find out if it has already been cleared.

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    No fee involved. Depends what your FAC says. If it names land then you will have to send your FAC back and get it added. If it says 'over land approved by the chief constable' then you just need to find out if it has already been cleared.
    Do some people actually have named pieces of land on their FAC? I myself have never seen this, I am aware of the "over land approved by the Chief Constable" statement (closed cert) and the "over land which the holder has lawful authority to shoot" statement (open certificate) but having used 4 different police force area's for licencing have never had a named area specified on my cert or indeed seen this on friends certs.

  4. #4
    Apparently. There was a poster over on PW who had a specific farm named. Not something I have ever experienced myself (N.Yorks everyone open)

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

  5. #5
    I believe the "named" land condition was dropped some years ago. When I got my first fac, far to many years ago to own up to, it named our farm.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
    I believe the "named" land condition was dropped some years ago. When I got my first fac, far to many years ago to own up to, it named our farm.
    Yep that is correct,when I first got mine I had specific land named on my ticket,dont think any of the forces do it now, but could be wrong.

  7. #7
    You need only nominate one piece of land to establish 'good reason' for acquiring the firearm and ammunition. If there are other areas upon which you wish to shoot, you will need to ensure that those areas have been approved for the calibre of firearm you wish to use (or more powerful one) eg if approved for another shooter for the same or more powerful calibre, then you would be ok to use your rifle upon it. If unsure ask the licensing dept for a decision or inspection as the case may be. There is no need to wait for the additional land permissions before applying. If land is approved for .22 Rimfire then there should be no problem with .17HMR.
    Best wishes. UNm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edchef View Post
    HI
    I am about to apply for my FAC and I have been given permission to shoot vermin on about 70 acres of land - (it belongs to my wife's son who currently uses a .17 HMR on it)
    Permission to shoot on other pieces of land are still pending! If I get permission on other land after my FAC has been granted (fingers crossed) How do I inform the police as I believe they have to approve it for use
    Does this mean I would have to pay for a variation I wonder? Are there any other factors that need taking into consideration?

    Thanks
    Ed

Similar Threads

  1. FAC Application
    By Miroku6000 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-05-2011, 20:48
  2. FAC application
    By Dorsetvetstudent in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-09-2010, 23:28
  3. FAC application
    By kennyc in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-06-2010, 17:45
  4. FAC Application
    By Tom270 in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-11-2009, 21:27
  5. FAC application conditions
    By MJ75 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 22-02-2008, 08:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •