Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removed Post

Removed Post

I am fairly sure a recent post has been removed. I think it was titled Political correctness or something like it. Whilst some may have found it offensive, personally I laughed for the ten minutes it took me to read it. If the person who posted it could PM me please I would appreciate it.

How can a Pakistani woman being sexually assaulted be funny?

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

People take things so seriously these days, pretty much all jokes are at the expense of someone or something but take them as they are intended.

'what sort of key will get into 90% of houses and 84% of cars' there are 3 answers i have heard and i bet 'pikey' is the one most people would deem to be the most politically correct, the other two are no different in theory but everyone is so sensitive about racism that they immediately shy away.

Personally I thought most of the jokes on there were brilliant but there again i dont sit there trying to pick holes in everything, just take it as it comes.

For what its worth I would add my name to the list of those who would not like to see explicit jokes on the forum. If you were going to see a comedian known for their colorful language and explicit content then you make the choice to go and see them. On a forum like this you can start to read what you think will be a clean joke to find it is the opposite. You could say that you have a choice to read it or not but how long do you think you could get away with telling the same jokes loudly in a Pub or shop and telling people if they don't like it to cover their ears? This is a public place after all.

IF you must know I removed it after I recieved a number of complaints via PM from offended members. Whilst I am far from prudish, and those that know me can vouch for that, some of the content of the post was running near the edge for me.

Whilst I am not a PC freak, we have to take into account that this site is free and open for anyone in the world to read, and along with everyone else I enjoy a good laugh, but we do not need jokes to the point of possibly bringing the site into disrepute.

Here here! Well said

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    IF you must know I removed it after I recieved a number of complaints via PM from offended members. Whilst I am far from prudish, and those that know me can vouch for that, some of the content of the post was running near the edge for me.

Whilst I am not a PC freak, we have to take into account that this site is free and open for anyone in the world to read, and along with everyone else I enjoy a good laugh, but we do not need jokes to the point of possibly bringing the site into disrepute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Newcombe View Post
    People take things so seriously these days, pretty much all jokes are at the expense of someone or something but take them as they are intended.
    I'd be the first to agree, but some of them were just racist comments disguised as jokes.
    The secret of good comedy is all about the context, and sexual assault cannot be contextual in a joke.... ever, no matter what the race or religion happens to be.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Entirely accept that this may not be the forum for them and that some would find them offensive. I find some of the photographs of animals that have recently been in contact with a speeding bullet a little offensive too, but am not into censorship. I am fascinated to see what some people find offensive enough to censor though.

I think to read a hunting/ stalking forum and be offended by a animal shot with a hunting weapon, means you may be on the wrong forum, to be on the same forum and be offended by a racist or sexual joke may be understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I think to read a hunting/ stalking forum and be offended by a animal shot with a hunting weapon, means you may be on the wrong forum, to be on the same forum and be offended by a racist or sexual joke may be understandable.
    Good point and probably true, however the rational for removal was that it was an open forum.
    Maybe words are indeed as bad as deeds.