Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: bedding compound

  1. #1

    bedding compound

    Which bedding products do forum members use/recommend?

  2. #2
    The only time I have bedded a action I used double bond putty that was out of date from work. Did the job, though I'd like to know how structural void filler would work.

  3. #3
    Hard to beat Devcon.

    Dont have notes to hand, but the product number you see in all the US articles/ Vids is different to the same product thats sold in the UK. Someone will likely beat me to it, but will try to look it out.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017




  4. #4
    I can get a product called milliput has anyone used this?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    I can get a product called milliput has anyone used this?
    wouldnt have thought it was good for bedding, it can get quite brittle and does not react to water well when hardened.

    Brownells Acra Glass is an alternative to Devcon.
    It can be dyed as well, brown or black

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Hard to beat Devcon.

    Dont have notes to hand, but the product number you see in all the US articles/ Vids is different to the same product thats sold in the UK. Someone will likely beat me to it, but will try to look it out.
    Devcon steel putty, or if you kike stainless steel putty, last one I used was Devcon 10110 ITW Devcon | Plastic SteelĀ® Putty (A)


    Over here you are looking for the same thing but in 500 gram packs, that changes the number.
    I got mine from a UK seller on e-bay, none listed at the moment, but one USA seller is shipping it, item number 310393718187

    Neil.

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Lancs / Cumbria Border
    Posts
    1,805
    Devcon Plastic Steel Putty A code 10112


    Thats all I use, all I ever will use...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    Devcon Plastic Steel Putty A code 10112


    Thats all I use, all I ever will use...
    That is the number I was looking for, the 500g size, not the 10110 1lb size.

    Neil.

  9. #9
    All are in Devon, but I also have a rifle done in marine tex and it is fine with no problems after 9 years

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by l4oth View Post
    All are in Devon, but I also have a rifle done in marine tex and it is fine with no problems after 9 years
    Sorry than should have been Devcon but the computer changed it to Devon

Similar Threads

  1. Bedding recomendations
    By PKL in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 07:32
  2. Kennel Bedding
    By lukejr175 in forum Vets Corner
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17-04-2012, 12:30
  3. bolt lug lapping compound
    By PKL in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 17:15
  4. *SOLD* Bedding kit
    By chrisc in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-01-2012, 18:07
  5. New rifle, but needs bedding
    By callie in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 04:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •