i love mondays

the noise of my alarm going off at 05:00 dragged me from my slumber and it was time to get ready. petes lad, jake, would be taking me out for a morning stalk and as per instruction was making us a much needed brew before setting off. on arrival at our stamping ground we got sorted and proceeded to make our way slowly through the wood. "dont move!" whispered jake. about 40 yards in front of us a buck had stopped across the track, staring straight at us. after about 20 seconds the buck decided better of it and ran away barking into the distance. we got to the highseat maybe 2o minutes later and decided to have a seat and see what was about for a while. it turned out to be very quiet so we went for a wander to cover some ground. a doe spotted us and ran away over the hills shortly followed by another that we hadnt seen, the cause of this turned out to be someone a little off the beaten track walking his retriever. we continued to stalk along the boundary but still nothing was stirring. we were walking back towards the highseat when we were caught out in the open by a doe and a buck. they didnt seem bothered by our presence and continued to graze until they entered a dip in the ground. lowering ourselves to the ground we waited to see where the deer would go. the buck reappeared about 200 yards away so the bipod came into play as i waited for him to turn broadside and stop, after he obliged me the .243 was sent on its merry way. he ran about 80 yards before going down. i now have a cracking 6 pointer which is my first "proper" roe. i also went out with pete in the evening and was lucky enough to get a 4 pointer. i am a very lucky boy and im over the moon with the treatment ive recieved once again from pete and family. thanks pete and jake it made my trip one to rememberIMG_0239.jpg

funny you said whispered in your story,my mate for some reason cant seen to talk quiet or whisper,am always saying shush..... i said to his mother about it,she said he learnt to whisper in a helecopter :D

thanks wayne, it was one of those days that was just great to be out.....getting the shot was an added bonus

Back