Thread: Has anyone been Wild boar shooting in Lituania ?

Has anyone been Wild boar shooting in Lituania ?

Hi chaps looking for a bit of advice really. I may have the oppertunaty to go to Lituania for some wild boar. This is not with any organsation but a work colegue has an uncle back home who shoots and possably arranges shoots for locals. Before i speak to his uncle what would i need to A) take rifles from the UK on a flight to Lituania. B) what permits would i need from Lituanian authorities etc. Its all in its early stages at the moment and his uncle is coming over for a visit in a few weeks and would like to know what i should be asking him about. cheers Shaun

Only done Wild Boar in Bulgaria mate which I would imagine is somewhat similar. Great fun especially if you go with mates, we has some language troubles to say the least and a whole cohort of 'ladies of the night' turned up with an armed pimp, had to run off! Out of interest what calibre and loads were you thinking of taking? We used a 30-06 and a 30-08. Take some NVG's or a night sight if you can, we shot in the dark and it was hard work without the right kit.

Sean

hi shaun , if you give this guy a ring , he'll be happy to put you on the right track , he rugurlarly organises boar and moose hunts in lithuania and takes care of all imports and exports . http://www.oldmillguns.com/70143/contact.php really nice guy . his names ivor

Quote Originally Posted by Seanpaul View Post
    Only done Wild Boar in Bulgaria mate which I would imagine is somewhat similar. Great fun especially if you go with mates, we has some language troubles to say the least and a whole cohort of 'ladies of the night' turned up with an armed pimp, had to run off! Out of interest what calibre and loads were you thinking of taking? We used a 30-06 and a 30-08. Take some NVG's or a night sight if you can, we shot in the dark and it was hard work without the right kit.

Sean
    I will be taking a .270 and my mate a 30-06 hopefully we will not be botherd by the ladies of the night as it will just be a small group basically a private hunting trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    hi shaun , if you give this guy a ring , he'll be happy to put you on the right track , he rugurlarly organises boar and moose hunts in lithuania and takes care of all imports and exports . http://www.oldmillguns.com/70143/contact.php really nice guy . his names ivor
    thanks will get in touch