Is it only me.

Steyer 6.5

Just getting my gear together for early start in morning and checking ammo, bolt, binos, favourite knife and favourite hat n veil. Horror I can't find my favourite hat, I'm having hot flushes. It's like a superstition to me like I have several coats but I'm always drawn to the same one. So my question is have you folk a lucky piece of stalking gear you take every outting?

Socks
nothing worse than having to break in new socks or ones that are not the right ones. ruins my day.

Emergency toilet roll. Nothing worse than having to use a £10 pair of sock an then have cold feet for the rest of the outing.

Matt.

I remember once going stalking and when I was all kitted up and ready to go , I discovered I had left my bolt for the rifle in the house.

Last night I thought I would take my dogs for a good run before it got dark and then pop in and see my old man. When I arrived at the location to run the dogs , I realised I had forgotten the dogs.:oops::oops:

No, it's not only you. Went out once and spent absolutely ages crawling into a bunch of hinds in dreadful conditons. Went to rack up a round - no effing bolt ! Soppy old man !

Leave with client at 4.30am the third early morning in a row to realise that after 20 miles you've forgotten where you were going and are going the wrong way to where you wanted to go, then having to explain to confused clients that it is all part of the master plan and that you are not senile, but we did get a Buck thank God.

Back