Thread: outing last night

outing last night

last night i was banashed from the house as the wife was having a girly night with her friends. I went to my permission it was cold very wet and blowing a gale so my expectations where not high.
    I parked up and weighed up my options and now with the rape being high opted for a stalk to a place where my ground backs onto ground that isnt shot and would be out of the cold wind . After getting my gear sorted me and the dog headed off it was heavy rain but it looked like it would pass .
    with the wind in our favour we headed out glassing the rape fields as we went after half an hour we got to a hill i could glass from and as we got to the top i saw an ear twitching in the long grass,could it be a deer or another hare?. I dropped to the floor and set my sticks and glassed it was definately a roe ,those ears are like radars scanning almost 360 deg one at a time . it was a doe and i was snookered as there was no way to get round her so sat glassing .
    she was laid up out of the wind and unaware of us although tommy was trying his hardest to sound like a rhino snorting crack as he had got her scent. after 20 mins a buck stood up that we couldnt see behind the rape he looked fairly young and had recently shed his velvet as he hadnt coloured up yet he immediately turned away from us and started browsing while walking away, bugger no way to get past and could go around so waited for the doe to hopefully follow him.
    she stood and dissapeared into the hawthorn and decided to keep low using the rape for cover gain some ground to find the buck .
    after a short while eased myself up but he had turned to come back and find his mate and he was around 40yrds away ,on the sticks i steadied myself a couple of breaths the 270 was set free and down on the spot he went a couple of kicks he stopped moving i sent tommy on his way. A few pictures and a quick gralloch in a shower of hail before the heavens really opened up a long drag back to the van ,happy days another buck in the bag we headed off home drenched. pictures to follow tonight when i can get the pics off my phone,atb wayne.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I wish my wife would banish me from the house more often if that was on the cards! Nice one & cracking write up.

normally i dont hesitate to get out the house but i was tired and the thaughts of the wind and rain i could quite easily gone to bed early. I am really pleased i didnt and as soon as i had my gear on i got into the mood and was glad to be out really, its always nice to get a chance to sit and study them unawares,atb wayne

uksha
    or find us on facebook

picture added

uksha
    or find us on facebook

A nice challenge and a good result with the weather being as it was.

Very nice looking dog there.

thanks for the well put together write up.

bonnie dog you got there

ATB

CVK