advise pls

Distinguished Member
Hi guys need some advise please

im going back to using soft points in my 243 and 308 after trying allsorts ive settled on using

100 grain hornady btsp in my 243

and

150 grain hornady btsp in my 308

i want to use the same powder ,if i can in both, i have plenty of vit 150 left over

what receipe would you use for each calibre ??, eg grains of vit 150 and OAL of each calibre ????????

ATB

Dave

Last edited:
In my limited experience, a good load results from the collision of a number of factors:

Your rifle and scope
Your brass preparation
Your reloading technique
Your choice of brass and bullet
Your choice of powder
Your load testing method

I would suggest that to maximise your chances of getting good loads for both rifles, that you don't constrain yourself to one powder. Try the best three powders that you can find readily.

Good luck. JCS

Last edited:
Got 308 sorted now but¬

can anybody tell me please, how much vit150 to use with a hornady 100 grain btsp bullet, in 243 win

(1) grains of vit 150 min/max ????

(2)OAL as a starting point ????

!!!!ps ive got loads of vit 150, so i want to use it up hence vit 150!!!

ATB

Dave

Last edited:
What does your loading manual say for Vit 150?? How aboit Vit's website?? Take some initiative and find some data. Minimum OAL is a good place to start.... or the length of your magazine. We could give you our pet loads but there is no guarantee they would be accurate not safe in your rifle. Start from minimum and work up. It's fun. You'll enjoy it.~Muir

vit website only lists using vit150 with a 100 grain speer grand slam bullet, not a hornady 100 grain btsp i will just follow that data.

ta

Back