Thread: 15.5 hmr ammo

15.5 hmr ammo

Has anybody used this 15.5g hmr ammo? saw there was a hmr bullet test in the shooting times, didnt know there was a 15.5g bullet around for the hmr,

thanks
    Andrew
    Last edited by AndrewT059; 18-04-2012 at 15:25.

17g is light enough for me.

i use the 17g aswell, just me being curious.

its the lead free one isnt it?

thought they concluded it was pants? huge drop and lacked all the attributes we like (frangible)

yes the lead free ones, the way it came over in the shooting times as it was quite a good bullet, with good expansion? and penertration, thats why i wanted to hear the reviews from someone whos used them before ( if anybody has ), just to see the reviews on them.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Hi Andrew hope your well mate

well I'd be interested as i have not seen a report on the ammo from a end user anywhere.

i like the 17 gr anyway, but will be using the 20gr soon as the price of rabbits down here is really good (found that out after i shot a few and laid them out as bait.

not good.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

A lighter bullet thats even worse in the wind ....

I have been very disappointed with the 20 grain bullet. Very poor kills. Nothing like the 17grain. I suspect they go straight through and don't expand.

I have never found meat damage that severe in bunnies even when chest shot.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Hi Andrew hope your well mate

well I'd be interested as i have not seen a report on the ammo from a end user anywhere.

i like the 17 gr anyway, but will be using the 20gr soon as the price of rabbits down here is really good (found that out after i shot a few and laid them out as bait.

not good.

bob.
    Try here
    Varminter.com Online Magazine - Hunt Report - 17HMR - CZ Model 452 American and Hornady 15.5 Grain NTX
    ~Muir

thanks muir,