Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce scopes

Nightforce scopes

Nightforce - they seem to get a very mixed reviews in terms of low light capability but there are a few deals about at the moment. I am looking for a good quality all round stalking scope, mostly roe but some red - for a 25-06. and was thinking of either nightforce 3.5x15, khales or buying second hand swaro or zeiss. The other option is a duralyt or doctor? Any help would be much appreciated.

If I was you and only going to use the rifle for stalking I would go with the swaro or zeiss scope just for the light gathering capabillity, not had any experiance of the doctor scope's but have used all the others! I personally use schmidt's

bullet

well i,ve got meopta on my rifles and carnt go wrong for the money. imho. stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Quote Originally Posted by stav View Post
    well i,ve got meopta on my rifles and carnt go wrong for the money. imho. stav
    was looking at meopta as well. Have you ever looked at the duralyt?

Quote Originally Posted by hbain View Post
    Nightforce - they seem to get a very mixed reviews in terms of low light capability but there are a few deals about at the moment. I am looking for a good quality all round stalking scope, mostly roe but some red - for a 25-06. and was thinking of either nightforce 3.5x15, khales or buying second hand swaro or zeiss. The other option is a duralyt or doctor? Any help would be much appreciated.
    I have schmidt, swaro and nightforce scopes but would go for the first two every time for light transmission. Just my tuppence worth.

|I have a nightforce and find its light gathering ability more than good enough, I wouldn't say theres any difference between it and a swaro I have on another rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    I have schmidt, swaro and nightforce scopes but would go for the first two every time for light transmission. Just my tuppence worth.
    thks for that. Any major difference between schmidt and swaro - seems to be a few good value habicht scopes about.

I have a couple of nightforce scopes (one on a 25-06) as well as a top end swarovski scope.

To be honest i cant see any light gathering difference between the 2, but i prefer the reticle & turrets on the nightforce scopes.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

Quote Originally Posted by hbain View Post
    thks for that. Any major difference between schmidt and swaro - seems to be a few good value habicht scopes about.
    ok - and thks. The one thing i like the like the look of with the nf's is they seem to be more solid than many other scopes.

When ever you read reviews on the optical qualities of NF scopes - Words like " Adequate - and Good enough " appear.
    These scopes cost well over a grand - and for my money there is better glass out there. Yes NF scopes are build like a brick out house , but IMO the optics are not as good as the european stuff - including IOR - and Meopta.

ATB
    Alan