Bloody ticks

Rake Aboot

It`s that time of year folks,, just removed a little swine from under the Spaniels eye.

Bloody hate ticks !

I`m lucky in that I hardly get any on the dogs, or ferrets, but this year there seems to be plenty about.

Just don`t follow the BBC`s advise on dealing with them !:confused:

just been to vets for some stuff to help ,pulled two off my gsp after doing thorough checks three nights running

They seem to be getting worse year on year! A mate of mine reckons its because they can't dip sheep like they used to!

I took one off my back in january this year, couldn't believe it!

We have had a bad couple of years around here, but once the sheep get back on the hill the tick numbers drop off dramatically within a couple of weeks.

They seem to be getting worse year on year! A mate of mine reckons its because they can't dip sheep like they used to!

I took one off my back in january this year, couldn't believe it!

Same here, pulled one out of my side after a day on the river. Didn't worry about them at all a few years back now have to check constantly every time I return home from fishing or shooting..

Likewise, never used to worry about them but now have to check myself all over every time I've been stalking. I was hoping the hard frost we had this year would have taken it's toll on them but it seems to have had little effect on their numbers.

Back