Thread: Midlands Boar

Midlands Boar

Having a conversation with a chap from a forestry company at the weekend and he was adamant that there are wild boar in the Malvern hills area. I am very doubtfull of this but wondered if anyone on here knew any more?

hope so. not got many deer on mine so some boar would be great if you look at the forest of dean along to Malvern it isn't that far really ? though the m50 might be a sticky point ??

ps did you get a munty sunday morning tim

Not heard anything about this, but it would be quite feasible for boar to travel the distance from my area to Malvern in a fairly short time. I know of boar which had radio collars fitted traveling a 15 mile round trip in a single night.

Keep you fingers crossed!

ATB

Tom

They had crossed the M50 6 yrs ago, probably more.
    Edited to add they crossed near Junction 1.
    South of Ross they crossed before then.

There was a bit of a write up in the evening news going back 18 months ago about a woman sighting boar near the old hills,they said that they must have been released in the area,but nothing since

This guy was insistant that he knew where some were turning up a field on a regular basis, he would not say even rufly where. I asked him to describe the damage and it sounded to much to be badgers worming.

Didn't worry any Munties on Sunday in the end Jamie, just had a scout round.

Quote Originally Posted by john.d.m View Post
    They had crossed the M50 6 yrs ago, probably more.
    Edited to add they crossed near Junction 1.
    South of Ross they crossed before then.
    Out of interest, do you believe this was a wandering singleton or were they showing in numbers?

Novice

Not sure there novice, but I shot 4 north east of junction 1 of the M50.
    Just trying to think how long ago now, we been here nearly 5 years, and was probably 1 or 2 years before that.

Dont know how true it is but i have been told some have made it in to shropshire, care of mr ivor williams