Keeping off the flies

P

Phil

A simple but very effective way to keep off the flies. Just use an old duvet cover pulled up over the hanging carcass. I'm sure that 'health & safety' might have an issue, but as long as you wash it then it's fine. Damn site cheaper than those game safes etc.

I find a well blooded swanndri keeps all the flies off the carcass and on me

Flies

I've just got myself one of those 'deer safes' and they're good. A little expenisve but very handy.

Flies

I also use an old duvet.

Thanks goodness we just started getting some cool weather. I'm trying to find an old drinks chiller for when I get my carcasses, but haven't got lucky yet. Friends have been using them for a while and they work really well.

Using a drinks chiller to store carcasses is a good idea, going to have to look out for one. Perhaps when this stalking directory shop is up and running they will start selling them :lol: Things are definately better now the weather is cooler.

Does anybody else have any ideas for keeping the flies off?

Flys off

Go to your local camping shop & ask them fof a mosquito net.They are available for hanging off the ceiling of a tent to go to ground level,they are designed to cover the whole bed. They only cost about a fiver.

HI

Mosquito nets are very good for keeping flys of a carcas.
Or you could use and old net curtan to cover a carcas as long as you wash it first.
:lol:

Go down to your local DIY centre or builders merchants and buy a roll of scaffolders debris netting. Make some hoops using blue waterpipe by melting the ends and sticking together to make the safe ribs and you have 5 or 6 fly safes for less that 20 quid.

a mosquito net from ikea is cheap to buy and is washable so it can be used time and time again, I bought mine some time ago but I think it was around £10.

a mosquito net from ikea is cheap to buy and is washable so it can be used time and time again, I bought mine some time ago but I think it was around £10.

I use a cheap mosquito net when on my land in Scotland and then transfer the carcass to my chiller. The purchase of the chiller has decidedly improved my relationship with wife and family as they are not bumping into the carcass with associated smell in the garage.
10.jpg

Mark

Hi WSM300

I got the gambrel from David Stretton at Donington Deer Management
Tel 01332 810757

Mark

Mark

Your hanging rails? Have you drilled through the top of the freezer and dropped bolts down?

Back