View Poll Results: How many people interested and would join

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 77.46%
  • No

32 22.54%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you would be interested in.....

How many of you would be interested in.....

saving money via a fully comprehensive and market leading insurance policy whilst at the same time being a member of a growing organisation. I have today been in contact with Ian Clark, of the Scottish Association of Country Sports (SACS) http://www.sacs.org.uk/home-page-c1.html regarding SD members and benefits to them from SACS. I do not propose to go into a lengthy diatribe describing the benefits to all, all that I intend to say is that we can benefit by becoming "club" members that is to say the SD becomes a club for the purposes of enrolling into SACS, this will entitle club members to full membership at a reduced rate, somewhere in the region of 26 as opposed to the full rate of 35. You can go to the website and read up on the details for yourself all I will say is that the insurance policy is not an existing commercial policy taken into use by SACS but one that was specifically written to cover ALL country sports and is done through the NFU.

I have made it a poll so that it is easier to gauge interest and have an idea of numbers involved.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

yes, for sure, BASC is way too expensive for just getting their magazine through the post now and again..I've also started to question 'how much' they actually do, and whether it's more of a 'for profit' organisation than I originally thought it was.

I am currently a member of sacs and would definitely take advantage of this at renewal should it come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    yes, for sure, BASC is way too expensive for just getting their magazine through the post now and again..I've also started to question 'how much' they actually do, and whether it's more of a 'for profit' organisation than I originally thought it was.
    I notice from the news letter, SACS has 20,000 members now, a proportion of these will be ex BASC who became disgruntled.

Plus the insurance is better for less, whats not to like?!

yes please

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Agreed.

I have been a concurrent member of both SACs and BASC. Both are great organisations in my view. But the obvious point is that they are very different beasts in that BASC has much more scale and resources. If you want the least expensive shooting insurance then SACs wins all the way and they do contribute in other ways representing shooting interests. However, BASC are unquestionably much better resourced and positioned to deal with the political, legislative and media threats to shooting, which is why I am prepared to pay more and remain a member.

Yes please John count me in.
    Tony

John you could be on to a winner mate here i hope it pans out for you and Ian is a down to earth approachable chap.