Thread: remington feed problem

remington feed problem

I have just got my a remy dm action rebarreled in straight 284. I have put it into a hs stock fitted with remington bottom metal and dm magazine. the donner rifle was a 25-06. the problem is it is not feeding right. Ive tried altering the lips of the mag to hold the bullets in better but I'm getting no where. I was told when they test fired the barreled action that it was placed into a aics stock and magazine system and no problems were noticed. I would prefer to keep the hs stock so is it possible to fit a aics magazine system to this or will I be best just getting an aics stock?

You can fit an AICS system to a HS stock - but they are not a drop-in unit

Badger Ordnance in the US make them, as do several other companies. Best to have a look on the web, Brownells would be my first port of call. You should be able to get a unit for about the 100 mark...all you'll need then is either someone to inlet the stock, or a few minutes spare with a Dremel tool

I think your problem is the increased diametre of the 284 case over the donor rifles 25-06,, if anything i would say that the mag lips need opening up.
    Alternatively if you could try a magazine for 7mm Mag/300 Win mag.

Ian.

the magnum mag has been mentioned to me by someone so I might try this. I would be open for other stock/mag suggestions

There is a long wait for Aics stocks according to sporting services,armalon has a black stock

I have coverted a 25-06 into a 284 just adjust feed rails on mag box is all that's needed
    Or if you convert to ai mag system it will feed a dream

Another option you could consider is the Kwick Klip Rem 700 mag system. I have one on my 25-06AI. They advertise it will feed 7mm Rem Mag and 300 Win Mag. Not sure where you can get one.They are about 100 Dollars at Cabellas but not sure if they will send one. Have you a contact in the States?

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by rem284 View Post
    I have just got my a remy dm action rebarreled in straight 284. I have put it into a hs stock fitted with remington bottom metal and dm magazine. the donner rifle was a 25-06. the problem is it is not feeding right. Ive tried altering the lips of the mag to hold the bullets in better but I'm getting no where. I was told when they test fired the barreled action that it was placed into a aics stock and magazine system and no problems were noticed. I would prefer to keep the hs stock so is it possible to fit a aics magazine system to this or will I be best just getting an aics stock?
    Frankly, I'd take it to them and ask them to make it feed. (unless they said it wouldn't before hand) I have done a lot of barrel work and always made the action feed. It's part of the job. If i deemed it was a very difficult feed-rail alteration I gave the owner the option of finding another action or paying for the extra work.

Requiring you to buy and expensive magazine system is pretty cheesy.~Muir

Alter the lips of the magazine with appropriate tool - get the case presented so its at a angle towards the action feed ramp and it should load and cycle properly.

If the stock and mag wasnt sent with the donor action I can see how the problem has developed.....