Thread: filling in form 101 for a variation?

filling in form 101 for a variation?

Hi folks,

When applying for a variation, which parts of form 101 actually need to be filled in? Do you need to complete it in full, with photos and references, as with the initial application?

I am looking to do a one-for-one swap from a full bore moderator to a small bore moderator.

Thanks

Hi Mungo,

No need for photos or referees details when applying for a variation. I believe that if the transaction is within a 7 day period there is no fee applicable, thats the case in Strathclyde anyway.

L&B charge 26 unless it's 1:1, then free. Make the cheque out to Lothian and Borders Police.

go to their website for FAQ's otherwise, but you're on the right track - ie. no refs or photo's needed...don't forget, it's a great time to ask for an ammo allowance increase!

also, in section 19, I ALWAYS enclose a page or two typed of explaining in great detail WHY I feel the variation is justified and why I NEED the calibre in question.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    L&B charge 26 unless it's 1:1, then free. Make the cheque out to Lothian and Borders Police.

go to their website for FAQ's otherwise, but you're on the right track - ie. no refs or photo's needed...don't forget, it's a great time to ask for an ammo allowance increase!

also, in section 19, I ALWAYS enclose a page or two typed of explaining in great detail WHY I feel the variation is justified and why I NEED the calibre in question.
    I agree with PKL here but please do stear clear of using the word "need". The firearms act requires you to show "good reason" .i.e. put forward a positive case about what you intend to do with the rifle, I am sure that the Police would love it if we had to prove "need". atb Tim
    Last edited by timbrayford; 19-04-2012 at 16:43.

Thanks folks. It is just a one-for-one.