Thread: Solicitor needed

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Solicitor needed

With reference to the thread "With great regret" is there not a solicitor on here who can put together a contract so as people who seek to assist other stalkers with their training can be protected against scum bags stealing their permissions? Come on there has to be someone.
    Last edited by teyhan1; 20-04-2012 at 07:09.

just an altered Confidentiality Agreement would do the trick I'd say. Say, for example with the notion that XYZ property whilst under ownership of ABC cannot be engaged with under any contractual or non-contractual agreements for sporting rights from date XYZ.

This is why there is very limited stalking opportunity in .N.I .You couldnt take anyone for fear off losing your land to them or worse poaching .Only one other person knows were i stalk and it will stay that way..Once bitten twice shy .
    One way round it is buy the shooting rights

David Mckie of Levy McRae in Glasgow. They are the Scottish Gamekeepers association solicitors!

Can vouch for them.

Its pretty simple , you lease the ground for an agreed rent over an agreed time , id say a meeting between the landowners and lease holder every 6 months to see how things are going and make sure both parties are happy with things . No contract and theres nothing to stop a landowner taking a better offer , thats life , whats your shooting worth to you ?

unenforceable unless you could bring the land owner into the equation.

It is afterall their choice

perhaps land/rights owners shouldnt be so 'kin greedy and honour the contracts (verbal or otherwise) they have in place instead of taking the extra bucks from the gazumpers!!

[QUOTE=bewsher500;362662]unenforceable unless you could bring the land owner into the equation.

It is afterall their choice

perhaps land/rights owners shouldnt be so 'kin greedy and honour the contracts (verbal or otherwise) they have in place instead of taking the extra bucks from the gazumpers!![/QUOTE

+1 with above.

All this talk of stealing permissions and Legal Contracts. It all comes down to the landowner deciding who shoots.

Unfortunately, money talks and such behaviour, although disgusting and despicable, is being done with the knowledge of the Landowner who at the end of the day, has the final say so.

There is no doubt that "poaching" a permission is morally wrong and those responsible should be named and shamed on a Forum such as this but I think any attempt to sign up to a Formal, legally binding contract would not be acceptable to many landowners.

Its reassuring to read that some Landowners have been approached by these "poachers" who have been told to sling their hook and those who shoot on such permissions are fortunate to have that relationship with the Landowner.

The law is only of use in such matters when parties are prepared to enter into a legally binding agreement, and an aggrieved party is prepared to use litigation to enforce that agreement. I suspect that very few landowners would be prepared to enter into such an agreement without considerable financial inducement, and almost no-one one would put themselves through the financial and emotional ordeal of litigation over a shooting permission (unless it is of a business scale).

seems to me alot of people have free stalking and although they are quite happy to give the land owner a bit of venison from time to time they are unwilling to pay for their shooting , despite selling what beasts they shoot . Rent your stalking and then you wont have to start grizzeling when someone else offers the land owner what they see as a fare price for the stalking rights .