Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spaniel bitch

spaniel bitch

Im sitting on my laptop tonight keeping an eye on my spaniel bitch,She is in pup and is due on sunday,She is very restless,in and out of her whelping box,Its her first litter and i cant wait for her to start giving birth,Im wanting to keep a bitch for myself (That is if she has a bitch)I dont know too much about breeding dogs but ive been intouch with the vet regarding tail docking and the removal of dew claws so all is in hand.Its just a waiting game now.
    Any sugestions for bitches names.(Clean ones).
    Atb John.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image0064.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	14814
    Last edited by J DAVISON; 21-04-2012 at 16:48. Reason: inserting picture

good luck ,never had a litter myself had a few spaniels rescued a sweet l/w bitch cass of candour ''cass'' a rytex bred dog.very loving dog .hope it all goes well
    regards norma

did she eat her dinner if so she aint going the night .mine would eat the bowl but not when she was in labour . a take that as a sign good luck

Cheers for that Dean,Aye she has ate her dinner tonight.
    Many thanks for the advice.
    Atb John.

best indicator we had from our spaniel was a lot of panting, she got v hot v quickly and that was 15 mins before the first. She had 6 at 15 - 20 min intervals. Good luck!

good luck when it happens let us all no when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by J DAVISON View Post
    Im sitting on my laptop tonight keeping an eye on my spaniel bitch,She is in pup and is due on sunday,She is very restless,in and out of her whelping box,Its her first litter and i cant wait for her to start giving birth,Im wanting to keep a bitch for myself (That is if she has a bitch)I dont know too much about breeding dogs but ive been intouch with the vet regarding tail docking and the removal of dew claws so all is in hand.Its just a waiting game now.
    Any sugestions for bitches names.(Clean ones).
    Atb John.
    There loads of ways to choose names Scottish islands IE Skye ,Isla ,Jura ,Rum ,Canna .
    There's also Scottish whiskeys ,Scottish rivers ,hills & mountains, salmon fishing flies .
    The list is endless.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    If you're registering the pups with the Kennel Club, and you don't have your own kennel name, then the names (made up of two words) will need to be unique to the breed.

We went with salmon flies.....

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks eveyone for the help,Scottish whiskeys & salmon flies are a great idea,I dont have my own kennel club name but they will be KC reg,
    Thanks again.Anymore ideas would be very welcome still.
    Atb John.

All my dogs have been named after scottish rivers & streams in the past, there are literally 1000's

Avon, Beauly, Carron, Dee, Dye, Earn, Esk, Fruid, Isla, Tay, Talla, Tweed, Spey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rivers_of_Scotland
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!