spaniel bitch

J DAVISON

Im sitting on my laptop tonight keeping an eye on my spaniel bitch,She is in pup and is due on sunday,She is very restless,in and out of her whelping box,Its her first litter and i cant wait for her to start giving birth,Im wanting to keep a bitch for myself (That is if she has a bitch)I dont know too much about breeding dogs but ive been intouch with the vet regarding tail docking and the removal of dew claws so all is in hand.Its just a waiting game now.
Any sugestions for bitches names.(Clean ones):).
Atb John.

Image0064.jpg

Last edited:
good luck ,never had a litter myself had a few spaniels rescued a sweet l/w bitch cass of candour ''cass'' a rytex bred dog.very loving dog .hope it all goes well
regards norma

did she eat her dinner if so she aint going the night .mine would eat the bowl but not when she was in labour . a take that as a sign good luck

best indicator we had from our spaniel was a lot of panting, she got v hot v quickly and that was 15 mins before the first. She had 6 at 15 - 20 min intervals. Good luck!

Im sitting on my laptop tonight keeping an eye on my spaniel bitch,She is in pup and is due on sunday,She is very restless,in and out of her whelping box,Its her first litter and i cant wait for her to start giving birth,Im wanting to keep a bitch for myself (That is if she has a bitch)I dont know too much about breeding dogs but ive been intouch with the vet regarding tail docking and the removal of dew claws so all is in hand.Its just a waiting game now.
Any sugestions for bitches names.(Clean ones):).
Atb John.

There loads of ways to choose names Scottish islands IE Skye ,Isla ,Jura ,Rum ,Canna .
There's also Scottish whiskeys ,Scottish rivers ,hills & mountains, salmon fishing flies .
The list is endless.

If you're registering the pups with the Kennel Club, and you don't have your own kennel name, then the names (made up of two words) will need to be unique to the breed.

We went with salmon flies.....

willie_gunn

Thanks eveyone for the help,Scottish whiskeys & salmon flies are a great idea,I dont have my own kennel club name but they will be KC reg,
Thanks again.Anymore ideas would be very welcome still.
Atb John.

Still no sign of pups yet,But im not surprized,She is not due till sunday but fingers crossed everthing goes well.
atb John.

Fingers crossed all goes well, we got the kennel name Jingamzungu (swahili for "crazy white guy" - too much time in Kenya) and I used Thomas the tank engine names for the second half so Jingamzungu Thomas, Henry, etc we gave Jingamzungu Fat Controller to a thumping dog pup! First litter were Operation names in pashtun from the recent tour on Afghanistan i had just been on....

Did you scan her John.. if so how many is she having..... wife has always played midwife when we have had pups,she has always known quite a while before that the bitch was going into labour not 100% but i think she will empty her stomach....
Good luck mate keep us posted..

Hope it all goes well for her, i was lucky got up one morning and found mine looking very sheepish with 6 bitch pups suckling frantically.

Hi Tony mate,No i havnt had her scanned,Its her first litter so im not expecting too many,Hopefully she will have a bitch or two so i can have something to choose from.Good thing about it she will be ready for the start of the shooting season again.I"ll post something she has had her pups(Pictures) Fingers crossed.
Atb John.

Back