Pre DSC 1

bert69

Like many stalkers i intend to complete my dsc 1 in the not too distant future as much for my own improvement aswell as the fact that more and more landowners are asking for it and ultimately many believe it will become law.

However, with limited stalking experience and limited species to observe in my area i signed up to go on a pre level 1 course so i can learn and practice what will be coming up on my dsc for real. The course was superb and i for one found it highly informative yet relaxed and i met a couple of new faces that i will hopefully bump into again in the not too distant future. Having done a fair amount of rifle shooting of all sorts i was quietly confident on the range yet having 7 chaps waiting to give you a ribbing if you fluff a shot certainly adds another dimension and is good practice for the day when the assessor is breathing down your ear. I also thought it would be hard to take the simulated stalk seriously but it truly is testing and after running almost straight into the first roe doe who in the real world would have had every deer in Norfolk on high alert i settled down and quickly learnt how difficult it is trying to stalk wooden cutouts! I can recommend the course to anyone who is thinking of going on to do dsc 1.

Big Thanks are due to Mark Howard of stalkinginengland (bunwellwoodshoot) for his expertise, humour and hospitality. See you again soon.

Kind regards, Luke.

Give you a ribbing, no way :D . Made me nervous having Rob behind me whilst shooting of Landy bonnet :scared:

Adrian

Back