Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking forward to my first buck

Looking forward to my first buck

I have just booked 4 stalks with Ian Farrington to hopefully bag my first Roe Buck. Ian has told me he has seen a couple of bucks that will fit my needs but I have not asked any details as I want a suprise on the stalk.

I will be out with Ian in late May and to say I am looking forward to it would be an understatement. I have already had success with Ian when I got my first Roe deer last November so I have a good feeling in my bones about the up and coming stalks.

Of course I realise that nothing is a done deal with wild critters but whatever the outcome, I will post the obligitory report and photos, in 'Articles and Write-ups' once the stalks are done and dusted.

Regards to everyone

Matthew

What are you going for a young buck or a nice big sixpointer.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    What are you going for a young buck or a nice big sixpointer.
    I did ask Ian if there was the chance of a nice head but I do not know exactly what he has spotted for me. Under normal circumstances I would have been very happy to wait and let a nice head come along naturally. However, as my health is going a little downhill [mobility issues] my stalks with Ian are to try and bring the opportunity for a nice head forward as I may have only a year or two at the most of stalking avaliable to me before if becomes too difficult. This is the start of a small bucket list I am putting together before my body says stop.

Of course I cannot predict the future but I am doing this now before it is too late and I miss my opportunity to stalk anymore.

Regards

Matthew
    Last edited by seibassman; 20-04-2012 at 09:26. Reason: more info

Best of luck Mathew.
    Hope you get something nice to hang on the wall and to give you many memories of the stalk.

ATB

CVK

Quote Originally Posted by seibassman View Post
    I did ask Ian if there was the chance of a nice head but I do not know exactly what he has spotted for me. Under normal circumstances I would have been very happy to wait and let a nice head come along naturally. However, as my health is going a little downhill [mobility issues] my stalks with Ian are to try and bring the opportunity for a nice head forward as I may have only a year or two at the most of stalking avaliable to me before if becomes too difficult. This is the start of a small bucket list I am putting together before my body says stop.

Of course I cannot predict the future but I am doing this now before it is too late and I miss my opportunity to stalk anymore.

Regards

Matthew
    Matthew,

that is a very courageous and positive attitude and I sympathise completey as I am dependant on my quad for my mobility, it would take me all day to get into the forest without it . If you are ever up this way you can have a go at the reds and Sika free of charge, no need for great long distance walking you can ambush them from a high seat.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

When I read this thread I thought JB would come up with something like that offer.

John. Your a star of the first order.
    And if Mathew can't make it all the way up to Inverness and beyond, if he contacts me I'm sure we can sort something out for him.

Alan

Cant go wrong with Ian.. I had my first Buck ( 6 pointer ) last my, exelent stalking and a very good place to stay..

Steve...............

Hi guys, thankyou for your replies and especially for the very kind offers, totally unexpected and generous. I will see how things go over the next few months before I think about anything else. But I really do appreciate the support.

Regards

Matthew

Matthew i hope you enjoy your stalks and are succesfull , sounds like you deserve it .DF