Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Idiot!

Complete Idiot!

For the last month I have been watching a small group of boar, comprising of 2 sows, a juvenile sow and 11 piglets. I have just heard that last night that both sows were shot! What a complete tosser! This makes me feel incredibly bad and reiterates the fact there should be a season for boar.

ATB

T

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    For the last month I have been watching a small group of boar, comprising of 2 sows, a juvenile sow and 11 piglets. I have just heard that last night that both sows were shot! What a complete tosser! This makes me feel incredibly bad and reiterates the fact there should be a season for boar.

ATB

T
    I agree

Sad to hear that, unfortunately the same attitude to wild deer exists on the Isle of Wight, particularly amongst government agencies and a very large land owning charity. atb Tim

Now the rest of the boar will have no sexual control & will breed at all times of the year instead of Nov. The older sows always were the control factor against such behaviour.
    Remember the old rule of thumb for their breeding (3months+3 weeks + 3days = birth of the young).
    Martin

some people are real knobheads,they cant help themselves to shoot the biggest and most of , many times for bragging rights to other like minded 'country folk' ,glad not every one is like that!,and unfortunatly they cant be educated in my experiance

Unfortunately there are plenty of Deer Stalkers who also take the same attitude - I shot 4 orphan Red deer calves last winter in Scotland in a terrible state having lost their mothers to idiots

They had had crossed off my permission, the bloke was legally there, right calibre, boar on ticket etc, so absolutely no issue with that side of things! If he had to shoot, then target a few of the followers. He had seen the followers before shooting the sows, complete madness!! I think they will survive ok as they were about 2.5 months old, but with no adult direction they tend to run riot in my experience. There look to be good numbers around so far this year, so I doubt it is going to put a major dent in the population. Just a lack of education / experience and complete mindset of if I don't shoot them someone else will!
    Last edited by thomas; 20-04-2012 at 14:51. Reason: spelling

that's just a real shame but the guy obviously didn't know any better or like was said, he was a tosser

It is just plain ego and greed, nothing else can describe it.

With the exception of Roe, no one should be shooting big game this time of year. It's the fecking breeding season.

11-12 week old piglets, probably will survive as you say, but no mature sows to "show them the way".
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    some people are real knobheads,they cant help themselves to shoot the biggest and most of , many times for bragging rights to other like minded 'country folk' ,glad not every one is like that!,and unfortunatly they cant be educated in my experiance
    +1