Thread: capercaille murder

What is a shame is that folk take their dogs into the country side, exercise their right to roam but fail to adhere to the need of keeping their dog under control. We are constantly asking them to be put on a lead when there are yound ground birds and deer going about up at my mates fishery on the estate.

I can hear it now, 'aw, let him off the lead dear, its a shame he cannot run around and have fun...'

Cue Fenton...

The issue is that people come up here on holiday, they spend extra money to secure a holiday cottage that can take dogs. When there holiday revolves around there dog they get very offended when you ask/tell them to keep there dog under close control. "he is under control" they reply, when Benson is off chasing yet another heard of deer or cappa in this instance.

Dog off lead in field of sheep=dead dog.Around here anywhere,especially if worrying them
    It's not the dogs fault but again the owners,if dog on lead in countryside no problem at all.
    Sitting one night in a deer fenced plantation,deer have been in it from the start,doe comes out into opening,I get ready she looks back into wood,low and behold black lab comes belting out of wood chasing her,two ladies 5 minutes after come up ride,where is your dog I ask?Dont know one says,I then proceeded to tell her that her beloved was coursing deer through wood.Oh no she doesn't like deer,ha ha,I then ask her about her permission to be there I get quoted right to roam I then said to her there is also common respect and decency and she should not let dog off lead as there are sheep next door,I informed her if Fido goes in there bye bye Fido
    Never seen them again,it's the owners not the dogs

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

so it's ok for a sheepdog to chase sheep around, but if a bonkers lab runs around them for a few minutes to have fun, with no real threat, you would shoot them... not wanting to get into a fight about this again,,,but one thing is being annoyed at a walkers dog ruining your stalk, another is upsetting them with talk about shooting their beloved pet, I'd say maybe that's a wee bit OTT and could have been handled more maturely.

Said black lab been seen chasing sheep in said next door field when ewes pregnant,handled pretty maturely if you ask me!Same dog as well,nothing to do with ruining a stalk.

Discretion assured

or find us on facebook

that's new information added, the OP from you sounded more like you were concerned about the dog chasing deer..

doesn't matter anyway, my point is, threatening the public with shooting their pets is NOT ON and needs to STOP, it makes stalkers look BAD and gives people more power to lobby AGAINST countrypursuits and tighten gunlaws. It also puts you at risk of losing your FAC as the next thing you know the walkers have gone to the police saying that you threatened to shoot them...

just saying...

The fact of the matter is, dogs are required to be kept under control at all times, as a result of legislation. If someones dog is running about in a field of ewes, it may well be classed as 'worrying' in which case it is a perfectly legitimate act to shoot the dog. In some cases the shock of that being pointed out to the owners may just be enough for them to appreciate the severity of the possible outcome...

PKL I know what you're saying and you're wrong
    People in countryside need to keep their dogs on a lead or under full control.As for loss of FAC,wrong again,if warned and logged with police and said dog does anything in that field of sheep,bye bye dog,quite within rights to do so.
    I have labs I love them as you do,however I've also seen labs rip the throat out of sheep and keep doing it while owners are frantically chasing a heated up killing machine all over a field.This has nothing to do with stalking but livestock protection.Dogs should be under control,simple.
    Walkers didn't see any firearm on me,back in locked jeep,also had witness with me,you're right though people could make up a story that's why I make sure my back is covered before doing anything to protect livestock
    As for threatening to shoot their pet if it's caused damage or caused ewes to abort,quite within right to shoot especially as these people have been warned and logged with the police.

Discretion assured

or find us on facebook