Tasco 3-9 x 50 AO original scope valuation help please

stratts

Hi guys bit of an open ended question I know and open to interpretation but any idea what on original Tasco 3-9 x 50 AO scope is worth in very good condition with 30-30 reticle? It's the same as John Darling uses on his rapid in all the old youtube vids :cool:

I have one on my rapid FAC but would like to get a fixed zoom Falcon or MTC, etc with dots.

The glass is great and puts the Hawke I have on the rimmie to shame but I fancy one of the above and am also going to change the Hawke.

Does anyone use old glass on their deer stalking and foxing rifles or is it normal to have new high end optics on larger cal rifles?

Cheers

Hi guys bit of an open ended question I know and open to interpretation but any idea what on original Tasco 3-9 x 50 AO scope is worth in very good condition with 30-30 reticle? It's the same as John Darling uses on his rapid in all the old youtube vids :cool:

I have one on my rapid FAC but would like to get a fixed zoom Falcon or MTC, etc with dots.

The glass is great and puts the Hawke I have on the rimmie to shame but I fancy one of the above and am also going to change the Hawke.

Does anyone use old glass on their deer stalking and foxing rifles or is it normal to have new high end optics on larger cal rifles?

Cheers

Oh dear now yes I use "old" glass as well let's face it I cannot afford the new stuff. I believe my newest scope is 8 years old and I brought it off the classifieds ere used.

As for original Tascos well I do not recall there being 50mm objectives in their original line ups but then I am going back some 35+ years. The original Tascos would have the yellow Japanese sticker on the tube somewhere:-

Japan Telescopes Inspection Institute

On it. Later when teh folks incharge got greedy tasco moved production out of Japan for cheaper labour and it all went "Titis up" now of course someone brought the name and they're back but made in China and a lot of them are pure junk new right out of the box. What you can get for it is only what some one is willing to pay. Sorry.

I actually use scopes from the 1950's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's yes I do have a lot of scopes. I ahve one from the early 1980's that needs to go for a repaired as the electronics are not working. It's an early electro-sight with illuminated reticle. This one is a Nikko Sterling 4x40 I brought it for two reasons:-

1) i had a set of P-H rings on it for a cheap price

2) P-H were the agents and the Electro-Sight is in one of their catalogues so it fits into my little P-H collection.

Just because a scope is older does not mean the optics are poor or inferior. Sadly some of the new scopes are pretty rubbish IMHO.

iused to have one of these it was a good scope on my air rifle but like brit says its only worth what someone will pay for it . i would check and see if any are offered on ebay might give you an idea

Back