Thread: Fruits of last nights labour

Fruits of last nights labour

Well not fruit but 2 Roe bucks. Set out quite early last night around 6. Stalked up a small wood and flushed a young roe buck and 2 doe's, got my new primos trigger stick in position, locked the zeiss on the buck and squeezed. He ran for 10 yrds and stopped dead, Well taht was easy i thought only been out for 45 mins. Stalked another wood which runs across the field from that one but all i saw was Does.
    By this time it was half 7 and made my way to where i know there is some Roe down from my cottage. They seem to leave a tree plantation, walk down the grass margin to get to another feild before dark so i set of. I walked a field to the tree plantation which sits in a gully, and there was a roe doe tucked up under a whin bush so i ste the bipod and a lay down and waited. Cut a long story short i ended up cold and wet but managed the bigger buck just before dark. So all in all it was a good night and the .222 done the job again. Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deer 2 005.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	641.4 KB 
ID:	14819

Good stuff fella.The big lads heed looks real thick,if you clean it let us know the weight

Nice work, cracker on the left!! Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by sako751sg View Post
    Good stuff fella.The big lads heed looks real thick,if you clean it let us know the weight
    Thanks bud. Do you weigh it before its cut. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifestalker25 View Post
    Thanks bud. Do you weigh it before its cut. Cheers.
    Aye fella,keep it as a full skull minus the bottom jaw and see what weight you get.

Its only 466grms. Prob not a medal but its my first clean buck ive shot so it will still be on the wall. Whats the best saw to use to cut them. Cheers
    FS25