airgun ban in scotland within months

Scots_stalker

according to the sunday post airguns will be outlawed berore the summers out "except for a select few who require them for pest control" , ie have them put on your FAC

how the hell are they going to enforce this ? firearms depts are already swamped with paperwork as it is

Populist nonsense, there's loads of nutters driving round in souped up corsa's who are a much bigger threat to society, can't see a car ban coming any time soon.
Same goes for screw drivers, been more stabbings with them than air rifle incidents....

Once again the lazy state punishes the many for the sins of the few.
?
How are youngsters ever supposed to learn how to handle firearms safely? I'll bet the majority on here started with an air gun.

I don't think they could afford a ban with the compo they would have to pay out. And any way apart from the ones sold in the last few years they have no idea how many are out there and recent crime figures show a reduction in airgun abuse
anyway you can see how well the hand gun ban worked

outlawing airguns would make people criminals overnight that were unaware of the change in legislation and in many cases unaware that they had airguns too in some cases! Many people have old airguns and pistols stashed away in the loft or garage that are forgotten about or that their kids had before they moved out etc. It would be an admin nightmare..

just passing it on lol , do you think compensation would be paid out ? more like an amnesty then prosecution if you are caught with one ,,
another thought , if they are on ticket they will need to be in a gunsafe , ive no fecking room left . more expense

If it goes on a firearms cert, no problem,
having seen the local kids shooting ducks on a pond and being a total pain I can only hope it comes in,

Welcome to my world 9ft/lb air rifle was my first gun took me 9 months to get my first fac with it on it.

This "ban" has been talked about since that poor wee 2yr old boy was shot and killed by that low brow moron in Easterhouse, Glasgow many years ago.

Jack McConnell when he was First Minister several years ago, was keen to implement it also.

And like it or not, air guns are the favourite "toy" for neds everywhere. The figures for Firearms Offences in Scotland show that the majority of offences recorded are attributed to airguns.

Ask any Vet or RSPCA officer and they will tell of the numbers of pets and wildlife being shot in housing estates and public parks on an almost daily basis.

surely the legal age to buy such an air rifle would be 18 Are crossbows legal to buy in scotland

How are youngsters ever supposed to learn how to handle firearms safely? I'll bet the majority on here started with an air gun.[/QUOTE]

Yep - I sure did.

Looking at this measure positively all honest people should consider applying to replace their low powered air weapons with those that are currently S1 controlled.atb Tim

If it goes on a firearms cert, no problem,
having seen the local kids shooting ducks on a pond and being a total pain I can only hope it comes in,

No problem for you perhaps ........ " I'm alright Jack "

What about the guys who only have airgun shooting as a sport, and do no wrong to anyone. Why should they pay the price due to a few mindless to$$ers.
The local kids shooting at ducks on a pond are already breaking countless laws that are already in place. If the police were to properly inforce those laws, or god forbid, parents were to teach their feral youngsters the difference between right and wrong, then maybe a ban would bot seem to everybody to be some sort of logical next step.

They banned pistols - did that make our city streets safer - NO, So how the hell will an airgun ban do the same. Try inforcing the laws we already have, before introducing new ones.

And as for one branch of shooting sports not supporting another - shameful:mad::-|:cry:

If you just wanted an air rifle for plinking and a bit of target practise, would this constitute "good reason"? probably not. Unless they change the terms of the FAC ...
This could well turn out to be one of those laws prepared in haste that is all but unworkable in practice. Like the hunting ban...

Back