Thread: kelmarsh game fair

kelmarsh game fair

went to kelmarsh hall today, what a waste of time and money. it really seems to be the demise of the country fairs. clothing stalls!!! thats it, cheap country clothing.
    its more like a carboot sale on a grand scale, i think the nail has finally been driven in to the coffin of the so called game fairs!!
    if only they would reduce their costs to a more acceptable level, traders would come back. when i say traders, i mean rfd,s and equiment manufactures, companies that work the countryside. not row after row of crappy clothing stalls.
    rant over, thank you.

We went on Saturday, it has reached the point of being too small to justify the entrance fee. Had I paid a fiver to get in it would have been a reasonable day. Not a great day for hard core shooting interests but 5 worth of family entertainment. At 13 each it was definitely not value for money (except for the venison and bison burgers which were excellent). I will be at the CLA & Midland with the dogs and even though these are also too expensive I do hope and expect more shooting focused activities.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

well said that man.
    i for one will not be returning next year.

only a few miles away but didnt fancy it this year ,mud bath from all the rain got enough clothing and mud at home

I totally agree..... it has been going downhill for at least past five years. I didn't bother this year, and won't be going again.

Five min drive for me, didnt go, didnt miss it, wont be going again! 13 quid to get in to a muddy field?

hi andy, i bought a tikka t3 lite in the end. syn and stain 8 x 56 schmidt with t8 mod. picked it up today so i will be playing with it asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    I totally agree..... it has been going downhill for at least past five years. I didn't bother this year, and won't be going again.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperstweed View Post
    hi andy, i bought a tikka t3 lite in the end. syn and stain 8 x 56 schmidt with t8 mod. picked it up today so i will be playing with it asap.
    That should serve you well Mark. A lad that I am mentoring has just bought the same rifle. I don't think they can be beaten for the money.

i got a good deal from colin donaldson down bletchley, he is doing a combo deal that many others cant compete.
    i nearly went for the sako but it was just over the limit on what i wanted to spend, but still the tikka has to be close.
    zeroing in the weekend and see how i get on.
    good luck to the lad your mentoring.

went on sat picked 2 deerhunter coats for 25 each bargain of the day .will go back next year