Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will gallant's taxidermy website - have a look

Will gallant's taxidermy website - have a look

Hello guys.

Most of you know me as the Dunsinnan Estate Stalker and a grumpy old man too, but what a lot of you maybe don't know is that I'm also a taxidermist of over 30 years standing.

As I'm getting on a bit now and realise the day might come when I can't be dragging dead deer about up in these hills I've decided to market this other skill of mine more prominently than ever before and get myself "out there" a bit better.

So I've just chucked a full year's trade membership payment at SD and I've asked John for advice as to how and exactly where to place my trade entry. Until I get that done I'm putting it here on this thread so do please have a look at my site. Give it a chance to load fully as it can take a bit of time :-
    NOTE - THE POST HAS NOW BEEN MOVED HERE AND THE COMMENT IMMEDIATELY ABOVE WAS MADE BEFORE THE MOVE

Read it all and look at all the pictures and I'd appreciate all your comments on what you think of it - pi$$ takes and insults included as I've got a sense of humour.

I'm shoving it on here now to speed up exposure as much as possible and let you know about it quickly since nice clean bucks are now shootable and some of you might want trophies done.

Please send me tons of work as I'm ever so poor and need the money.

Although I'm in Scotland I get masses of specimens sent by next day delivery from all over the UK. It's easy and quickly enough done and I get the mount back to you once it's finished. No deposit required. I e-mail you photos of the finished thing and, if you like it, you pay for it and I ship it off to you. Can't be much fairer than that.

I do the whole range - birds, mammals, trophy heads and fish.

Now listen up - if you manage to get a nice trophy head and you want me to set it up for you make sure you give me a call BEFORE you cape it out. I'll talk you through the easy way of doing it how it should be done, and if you bleed the animal DON'T split it from throat to sternum like so many guys do. If you want it mounted bleed it right out by taking the red pluck out with the gralloch. That'll do the trick and not mess up the front of the cape by cutting it about at all.

Direct contact for me is 01821 650254 or 07877 094171 or w.gallant@btinternet.com

And I'm genuinely available 24 hours a day every day of the year and I'm hoping I'll get calls from you.

All the best,

Will
    Last edited by Will Gallant; 28-04-2012 at 18:03. Reason: correction

Some nice looking stuff on their, best of luck for the future have made a note of your contact details.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Hi Will. You've got some nice work. I think your birds are probably your best work. It would be nice to see a time line on some of your pieces i.e. when you did them not time taken to do them.

Unfortunately I come from a family full of arty designers. So am always design critical. I find your white writing on a black background very difficult to read for any length of time. Also your wizzy round thing on the home page. Don't quite get it. And although I completely understand that you'd rather be around wildlife than humans it's not always what the the public want to hear, especially when you might rip the head off a prized animal because it doesn't look right.

If you want me to I can get some editors or even designers to have a quick look at it and give some suggestions.

I am bull in china shop, heavy handed mechanic. I leave my design to my wife. It's annoying but then I don't ask her to gralloch a deer or diagnose a engine problem.

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Some nice looking stuff on their, best of luck for the future have made a note of your contact details.

Thank you, my friend. Very kind comment and I hope I'll maybe hear from you some time.
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Hi Will. You've got some nice work. I think your birds are probably your best work. It would be nice to see a time line on some of your pieces i.e. when you did them not time taken to do them.

Unfortunately I come from a family full of arty designers. So am always design critical. I find your white writing on a black background very difficult to read for any length of time. Also your wizzy round thing on the home page. Don't quite get it. And although I completely understand that you'd rather be around wildlife than humans it's not always what the the public want to hear, especially when you might rip the head off a prized animal because it doesn't look right.

If you want me to I can get some editors or even designers to have a quick look at it and give some suggestions.

I am bull in china shop, heavy handed mechanic. I leave my design to my wife. It's annoying but then I don't ask her to gralloch a deer or diagnose a engine problem.

Helpful comments and many thanks. I wasn't at all sure about the site when it was first designed but consenus of opinion showed me that its very modern format was much admired by just over 87% of the people who looked at it. Thanks for the offer to have other designers look at it but it cost me a fortune to have it done and I think my people would be somewhat insulted if I jumped ship and had it hacked about ! I think I've got to stay with the numbers and stick with it for now, at least until I start hearing from more people who don't like than those that do.
    Will

I thought your website is awesome and I roared at some of your quotes, good luck to you fella, I for one if I need a taxidermist will think of you.

Some quality work there Will

Atb, Billy.

PS. or should I call you grumpy !!
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 23-04-2012 at 18:33.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

they look fantastic especially the badge i really like that one.
    If i ever get the chance to go stalking ide love to have one done. (also if the wallet is compliant)

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    I thought your website is awesome and I roared at some of your quotes, good luck to you fella, I for one if I need a taxidermist will think of you.
    Thank you so much. I hope you knock something over worth the mounting one day and I'll maybe hear from you.
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by filzee View Post
    they look fantastic especially the badge i really like that one.
    If i ever get the chance to go stalking ide love to have one done. (also if the wallet is compliant)
    Thank you. Glad you liked it. Since you've obviously joined this site recently you've yet to learn that here are loads of nice guys on here who'll help you get kicked off and into stalking. You'll get your chance, boy, never fear.
    Will