Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Written Permision

Written Permision

Recently been talking to a mate i'm helping get his 223 and 22rf opened i must have shooting on over 20,000 acres which iv'e shot on for 20yrs most of which is Verbal Farmer friends and Keepers iv'e also known same amount of time, on renewal of my fac i get written permission off one to fulfil what GMP are asking for and get my renewal no problem.My mate though says my land is not worth a carrot without written permission and i am shooting on it illegaly. Any thoughts on this. atb Ed

Sounds like rubbish to me. If you have been given permission by the landowner/ owner of the sporting, shooting, stalking rights either verbally or written then you are fine. The need for written permission comes into its own when things go wrong and everyone covers their arse and points fingers. In that situation a letter is best.

DC

Not for me to say but following other posts on here I would tread warily with your "mate" What he says is, in my opinion, totally wrong. I have shot for more years than I care to remember on exactly the same basis you do. Written permission if required but the rest is just verbal. I suspect the vast majority of shooting is arranged this way. Many farmers/landowners prefer to keep it open and not sign bits of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    Not for me to say but following other posts on here I would tread warily with your "mate" What he says is, in my opinion, totally wrong. I have shot for more years than I care to remember on exactly the same basis you do. Written permission if required but the rest is just verbal. I suspect the vast majority of shooting is arranged this way. Many farmers/landowners prefer to keep it open and not sign bits of paper.
    That's exactly my thoughts most of my Farmer friends would laugh if i asked them to write and sign a piece of paper.atb Ed

No need for written permission, however it is useful if something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    As ^^The Good Man^^ said...

Dont need permission to be in writing, as others have said its a safe guard if something goes wrong

OK if the farmer owns the land, if he is a tenant and the sporting rights are retained by owner [ at least in Scotland
    not sure if English law is the same] the tenant may shoot pest species to protect his crops e.g. rabbits, pigeons etc
    he may also permit one other person to shoot, this permission must be in writing.

I shoot over 8 pieces of ground regularly, making up some 30,000+ acres & have done for the past 8-10 years.

Ive never had written permission on any of these bits of ground.
    Come time for my renewal the FLO will call some of the landowners & confirm verbally over the phone that the permissions are legitiamate... no paperwork involved, so written permission although is desirable is not entirely necessary!
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Assassin View Post
    I shoot over 8 pieces of ground regularly, making up some 30,000+ acres & have done for the past 8-10 years.

Ive never had written permission on any of these bits of ground.
    Come time for my renewal the FLO will call some of the landowners & confirm verbally over the phone that the permissions are legitiamate... no paperwork involved, so written permission although is desirable is not entirely necessary!
    You need at least one written to get your renewal with Manchester. atb Ed

Quote Originally Posted by sniper 19 View Post
    You need at least one written to get your renewal with Manchester. atb Ed
    Same here with Avon & Somerset...Much of my ground is done on a nod and a wink...