Thread: New trade Member in Whitburn. West Lothian

New trade Member in Whitburn. West Lothian

Hi

We are firearms dealers and gunsmiths in the Whitburn (West Lothian, Scotland) area, established for over 12 years.

Both Tony and Julie have been members on this forum for some time now, and have seen a number of posts/threads looking for our information, but have not been able to answer as we are both individual members, we have therefore joined as a trade Member as J.Russell F/A Ltd which is our business name.

We are working Gunsmiths with a full workshop for gunsmithing, including moderator threading, ISIS recall Reduction Systems, and the wide range of general gun work etc.

All work is carried out in our on-site workshop on a supply/fit, supply only or fit only basis.

We stock reloading equipment and components; rifle ammunition and shotgun cartridges; plus a comprehensive range of shooting accessories and maintenance equipment. as well as a number of new and second hand rifles, moderators and shotguns - with stock changing frequently.

We also carry all gauging and and test equipment to carry out annual rifle checks to local and national commission, standards

Both Tony and Julie have shot for many years at international competition level, and actively take part in stalking when time permits.

We generally open at weekends and the evenings (as this is when most people need to get to us)

just call on 01501 741 714 or email j.russell_fa@yahoo.co.uk

Welcome to the site. I need to get down to see you. I have a Sako needing threading. Varment barrel so don't know whether to get another mod or go for half inch. Jim long ridge.

What range of 7mm08 ammo to you stock? I am getting one soon and as I am up your way a fair bit it would be nice to find a supplier with a good range of stuff..

Thanks

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Welcome to the site. I need to get down to see you. I have a Sako needing threading. Varment barrel so don't know whether to get another mod or go for half inch. Jim long ridge.
    We believe it is best to come in and compare the various moderators for your set-up.

In general we would recommend M14 x 1 for standard barrels and M18 x 1 for heavy barrels as these are pretty much the standard sizes (and used by Sako/Tikka from the factory).

Usually the 1/2" UNF is standard on rimfire sizes only, although some full bore barrels are too small for a correct fit with M14, hence it may be better in these cases for 1/2".

Unfortunately, because 1/2" was standard with rimfire before full bore mods became common, many have carried this size over to full bore.

On a Varment barrel a small 1/2" thread can look a bit odd.

But we can do any size you need

Julie & Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    What range of 7mm08 ammo to you stock? I am getting one soon and as I am up your way a fair bit it would be nice to find a supplier with a good range of stuff..

Thanks

Tom
    You have PM

Julie & Tony

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses