Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quad on FC land?

quad on FC land?

anyone use a quad on there fc lease? if so what training did you do? do they require a specific training body for use of the quad on the ground or can you find anyone who will do training courses?

thanks in advance.

Mo

SD Regular
    Mo,

I have to say I do not know for definite - but I would imagine any LANTRA approved course would fit the bill - have a look at Lantra - Agricultural Jobs | Land based training | Lantra
    - there's a course finder on there to get something local and the supplier themselves should be able to tell you whether the FC will recognise the qualification. Hope this helps some.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Mo,
    it used to be that a Lantra certificate was readily acceptable, however things have changed and while anyone on FC at present with a Lantra certificate will be ok, they will in the not to distant future be asked to obtain, and I think its called a: "NPTCC".
    At the moment the Rangers are going through theirs, so we will have to adopt the same.
    So if you are considering training I would suggest you do not go for the Lantra one, and at later date find you need to upgrade.

regards
    Now

Think you will need to upgrade or at least resit regardless of which one you do they only last five years.

Mo
    I am trying to sort an NPTC test at the moment I have been quoted 120 for the test only.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Think you will need to upgrade or at least resit regardless of which one you do they only last five years.
    I was under the impression that the Lantra ones (usually course attendance only) expire after 5 years, whereas the NTPC qualifications (which is a practical assessment of a course) do not expire, but you do need to show ongoing experience every 3 years for insurance purposes. (You can do this by attending refresher courses etc). This is the case for the chainsaw quals anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    I was under the impression that the Lantra ones (usually course attendance only) expire after 5 years, whereas the NTPC qualifications (which is a practical assessment of a course) do not expire, but you do need to show ongoing experience every 3 years for insurance purposes. (You can do this by attending refresher courses etc). This is the case for the chainsaw quals anyway...
    Maybe I got that wrong, know mine is Lantra only valid for five years, not sure what you mean by a practical assessment of a course, Lantra two day course first day instruction second day practical test covering safety checks and test as in driving test covering all situations likely to be encountered with a quad as in driving test
    pass or fail depending on certain criteria that must be met on pass or fail sheet certain minor points will be marked
    that may not result in a fail but again as in driving test you may be asked questions on these points to ascertain that you fully understand the proper procedure.

As of April 2013 you will need NPTC Cert.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Maybe I got that wrong, know mine is Lantra only valid for five years, not sure what you mean by a practical assessment of a course, Lantra two day course first day instruction second day practical test covering safety checks and test as in driving test covering all situations likely to be encountered with a quad as in driving test
    pass or fail depending on certain criteria that must be met on pass or fail sheet certain minor points will be marked
    that may not result in a fail but again as in driving test you may be asked questions on these points to ascertain that you fully understand the proper procedure.
    Sorry, what I meant was that you effectively book an independent NTPC assessor who comes out and assesses you. It's not done by 'continual assessment' during the course by the course instructor. In the case of quads you'd have to do the Lantra course (and integrated assessment) then arrange for an NTPC assessment afterwards

News of the world is correct in that a LANTRA certificate would allow you at present to use your quad on FC land. However FC are moving to NPTC by 2013 so don't do your LANTRA and keep your money and complete your NPTC. Hope this helps.