Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get a muntjac measured

How to get a muntjac measured

I shot a muntjac yesterday with a friend from uni and would like to get it measured. I did a quick job myself and it came out as 60.8 so high silver but would like to get it done officially by CIC. I was just wandering how you go about this. I assume as weight is not taken into account the 90 days drying out is not necessary? and where or how would i get a measurement done? the is a full write up with pics of the buck in the write up section.

George

contact BDS for a cic measurers adress and pop it in the post

Some game fairs have an official measurer. It normally costs about 15 I think and then about 40 for the actual medal! I don't do trophies myself which is a shame as I shot this one yesterday morning!
    Attachment 14873
    Probably not that good though. Each antler exactly 13cm with 12 cm span. Brow tines less than 1cm so don't count. Scabby old ******* really! Both canines intact though which is surprising.
    Nice buck by the way!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Some game fairs have an official measurer. It normally costs about 15 I think and then about 40 for the actual medal! I don't do trophies myself which is a shame as I shot this one yesterday morning!
    Attachment 14873
    Probably not that good though. Each antler exactly 13cm with 12 cm span. Brow tines less than 1cm so don't count. Scabby old ******* really! Both canines intact though which is surprising.
    Nice buck by the way!
    MS
    Who charges 40 for a medal fella?Name and shame please as the CIC should only charge 15 for any colour and if BASC is charging this then thats pretty wild.

contact chriseoe on here he is an official cic measurer chap and you might get a cuppa too

Google CIC Trophy measuring you will get all the names and contact numbers of the current measuring team
    Trevor

You're near York aren't you George? Gary Tatterton at Wetherby, is as far as I know, now on the CIC panel of judges, give him a bell - 01937581077.

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    I shot a muntjac yesterday with a friend from uni and would like to get it measured. I did a quick job myself and it came out as 60.8 so high silver but would like to get it done officially by CIC. I was just wandering how you go about this. I assume as weight is not taken into account the 90 days drying out is not necessary? and where or how would i get a measurement done? the is a full write up with pics of the buck in the write up section.

George
    George,

Have a look at www.cictrophy.com or give me a ring on the number shown on the site,

Tony DW

Quote Originally Posted by cicuk View Post
    George,

Have a look at www.cictrophy.com or give me a ring on the number shown on the site,

Tony DW
    Hi Tony,
    what is the going rate for a measurement with certificate and medal these days?
    Sorry, just seen the prices on the website!!!
    Cheers,
    MS

Thanks guys looks like i'll be going to see gary got bleach on the skull as we speak will ring him tomorrow to see when is best for him.

George