How to get a muntjac measured

groach1234

I shot a muntjac yesterday with a friend from uni and would like to get it measured. I did a quick job myself and it came out as 60.8 so high silver but would like to get it done officially by CIC. I was just wandering how you go about this. I assume as weight is not taken into account the 90 days drying out is not necessary? and where or how would i get a measurement done? the is a full write up with pics of the buck in the write up section.

George

Some game fairs have an official measurer. It normally costs about £15 I think and then about £40 for the actual medal!:eek: I don't do trophies myself which is a shame as I shot this one yesterday morning!
View attachment 14873
Probably not that good though. Each antler exactly 13cm with 12 cm span. Brow tines less than 1cm so don't count. Scabby old ******* really! Both canines intact though which is surprising.
Nice buck by the way!:thumb:
MS

Some game fairs have an official measurer. It normally costs about £15 I think and then about £40 for the actual medal!:eek: I don't do trophies myself which is a shame as I shot this one yesterday morning!
View attachment 14873
Probably not that good though. Each antler exactly 13cm with 12 cm span. Brow tines less than 1cm so don't count. Scabby old ******* really! Both canines intact though which is surprising.
Nice buck by the way!:thumb:
MS

Who charges £40 for a medal fella?Name and shame please as the CIC should only charge £15 for any colour and if BASC is charging this then thats pretty wild.

Google CIC Trophy measuring you will get all the names and contact numbers of the current measuring team
Trevor

You're near York aren't you George? Gary Tatterton at Wetherby, is as far as I know, now on the CIC panel of judges, give him a bell - 01937581077.

Tom

I shot a muntjac yesterday with a friend from uni and would like to get it measured. I did a quick job myself and it came out as 60.8 so high silver but would like to get it done officially by CIC. I was just wandering how you go about this. I assume as weight is not taken into account the 90 days drying out is not necessary? and where or how would i get a measurement done? the is a full write up with pics of the buck in the write up section.

George

George,

Have a look at www.cictrophy.com or give me a ring on the number shown on the site,

Tony DW

Thanks guys looks like i'll be going to see gary got bleach on the skull as we speak will ring him tomorrow to see when is best for him.

George

Thanks guys looks like i'll be going to see gary got bleach on the skull as we speak will ring him tomorrow to see when is best for him.

George

George,
Check with Gary but I'm pretty certain that it still requires 90 days to dry even though the weight/volume do not feature in the measurement.
Glyn.

Apparently doesn't require the 90 days so left it with him to do tonight and going to collect it tomorrow and find out the result.

George

Nice one mate, I pressume you took it to his unit? What did you think of the work he had there?

tom

Nice one mate, I pressume you took it to his unit? What did you think of the work he had there?

tom

He had some very nice work I like his roe particularly an he showed me a set of muntjac antlers he ha just got in for mounting and they really were something else easily half as long as mine again I'd say with really thick beams.

George

Back