Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had results yet from 23rd March Jelen DSC1 Course?

Anyone had results yet from 23rd March Jelen DSC1 Course?

Afternoon all,

As per the title really.... its been four weeks since we all sweated our way through the exam and I dont think any of us have heard anything?

I emailed BASC yesterday to find out where they were at and was told this afternoon...

"You should get your results shortly
    The papers are in the system and will be processed ASAP
    I think you should hear in the next 10 days or so"

Now I am not normally the impatient type but I need to get my certificate (assuming I've passed of course!!) off to Avon and Somerset so they will remove the condition on my FAC that states I can only use my rifle for the DSC1 course and zeroing and familiarisation on military approved ranges.
    Assuming they will take the usual 2 months to turn it around I am looking at early July before I can take the rifle out! That will be 5 months since I bought it.

Hey ho... I'm sure it will be worth the wait!!!

Any one else know more than I do on why our results are tkaing so long? Other folks on here seem to know they have passed really soon after they sat their tests?

Churs,

Stu

SD Regular
    Stu,

The papers are independently marked and verified before certificates are issued. Easter will have been a delay as well. As to other folks - each assessor and assessment centre will be different.
    As to a two month wait - when you get the cert, take it and your FAC in personally and they may do the 'variation' on the spot - it's only a change of wording.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by stuey-s View Post
    As per the title really.... its been four weeks since we all sweated our way through the exam and I dont think any of us have heard anything?

Any one else know more than I do on why our results are tkaing so long? Other folks on here seem to know they have passed really soon after they sat their tests?

Churs,

Stu
    Hi Stu,

I spoke to BASC on the phone and was told that there were 26 courses/assessments around the country during March and that is why it is taking so long!!!

Papers were with the verifiers so BASC did not have them to even have a sneaky peek........

Fingers crossed that we find out soon.

Best wishes,

Hedders
    Last edited by Hedders; 24-04-2012 at 17:09.

I have to admit to sweating this one a bit myself. It doesn't make the pacing any less tense to read so many 'Passed today' threads.

I feel for Stu, whilst I can go out with my mentor and have had a few does this season, Stu has yet to use his rifle. Frustrating mate, lets hope we can sort land for a buck as soon as you're sorted. If it is July we'd better practise calling.

Stu

I would be interested to know what condition do Avon & Somerset intend to replace the current "the DSC1 course and zeroing and familiarisation on military approved ranges" with. Being involved with assessment on the safety/shooting module of the Level 1, it never fails to astound me the weird conditions stipulated on some candidates FACs. Hope the results go your way....

Good luck

Oracle

Did you not find out if you had passed on the Day we all found out when I did mine the papers were all marked and the provisional results give when we went back in after the exam.

Hi Oracle,

They intend to remove the zeroing and familiarisation condition allowing me then to shoot approved quarry on land approved by the Chief Constable. My certificate is restricted and will remain restricted after supplying them with my (pass hopefully) certificate for DSC 1.
    It all stems from not having a mentor with .308, only .243 or.270 and they stipulated I could not have a larger calibre than my mentor (this matter has been debated at length and they were resolute in their ruling)

Cheers,
    Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Stu

I would be interested to know what condition do Avon & Somerset intend to replace the current "the DSC1 course and zeroing and familiarisation on military approved ranges" with. Being involved with assessment on the safety/shooting module of the Level 1, it never fails to astound me the weird conditions stipulated on some candidates FACs. Hope the results go your way....

Good luck

Oracle

No such luck I'm afraid.... We know about the ident and the shooting/safety but not the papers.
    There seems to be a huge inconsistency in the handling of these tests and the manner in which they are run from what we see on SD. Some folks know before they leave the centre and others have to wait.
    Looks like it will be six weeks before we find out whether we have passed in this particular case.

Quote Originally Posted by wood View Post
    Did you not find out if you had passed on the Day we all found out when I did mine the papers were all marked and the provisional results give when we went back in after the exam.

The level 1 written assessment papers are initially checked/marked by the course presenter. They should then forwarded to course provider such as BASC/BDS and re-checked in order the initial result is correct and can be verified. All is then sent to the awarding body WDMQ who run a final check and award the certificates. This can take time but it saves any red faces if the papers have been marked incorrectly. Also nothing like finding out you have failed after initially being told you had passed. The only module you should be told you have passed immediately is the safety/shooting assessment.

I phoned Jelen today, spoke with Dave he told me that there was 26 courses in March, and that proberly why there is a bit of a delay. Hopefully it won't be to long now Stu, and we all get the result we want.

Cheers Bob.