Thread: Coterminous certificate

Coterminous certificate

I have the firearms officer coming round Thursday about my firearm application and got a letter from him with a form, if i wanted to make my firearm and shotgun license certificate coterminous. I have began to fill out the form, and have got to part D. I am just curious as to whether or not i need a another referee?

Cheers, Tom

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    I have the firearms officer coming round Thursday about my firearm application and got a letter from him with a form, if i wanted to make my firearm and shotgun license certificate coterminous. I have began to fill out the form, and have got to part D. I am just curious as to whether or not i need a another referee?

Cheers, Tom
    On a shotgun its only one reference required, so just ask one of the 2 that did your FAC to sign it which shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ths84 View Post
    On a shotgun its only one reference required, so just ask one of the 2 that did your FAC to sign it which shouldn't be a problem.

That's what I did when I sent mines away on Monday.

The only problem is i cant get a referee before Thursday. I thought, correct me if im wrong that you didnt need a reference on a renewal and this seems pretty much that except they are being combined.

Tom

I think that you do need the countersignatory for a renewal, and for the coterminous certificates duplicate sets of signed photos. Unless of course I was incorrectly advised by Hampshire Police! atb Tim

Sorry Tom don't know mines was a first application so don't know how the renewal works.

David

yes you still need a referee for a renewal.

You will need somone to sign the shotgun (co-term) renewal application as a countersignatory. The firearm application will require two referees and your shotgun countersignatory could be one of the referees.

Fill in the shotgun application and when the officer comes to visit explain the problem with the shotgun countersignature. He should be able to assess both your fitness to be entrusted and suitability for both applications on his visit. Ask if you can forward the shotgun application, photos etc when complete, he probably will not want to make two separate visits to ask you the same questions and might be happy to conduct the remainder of his enquiries by telephone - End result customer satisfaction and efficient use of Firearm Officers time.