Thread: sound moderator

sound moderator

looking for a second hand muzzel can like an s5 or atec or maybe a over muzzel northstar but anything considered must be 1/2 unf and .30cal

Try Danpd as he is a RFD and in Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by boar & deer View Post
    looking for a second hand muzzel can like an s5 or atec or maybe a over muzzel northstar but anything considered must be 1/2 unf and .30cal
    I have an AU-SL5 sat at my RFD. It's .30 cal and 1/2 UNF. Bought it last Autumn, but have changed rifle and new one has a different thread. Let me know if this is of any interest? Thanks JCS

Hi boar & dear
    I had one made by jim baker, jim as started making moderators range of calibres and fittings,
    I went to see him to test fired one and i must say the Sound reduction on my rifle(22-250) was ace , i had a T8 on my rifle but this new one offers a lot better sound reduction.
    It is made of stainless steel and is a sealed unit consisting of a series of welded baffles forward of the muzzle, with a large rear expansion chamber that sits over the barrel its powder coating on the out side , the powder coating can be done in any colours, jim said i could have a pink one but the best part it will not rust out , will not need cleaning and jim said the more i use it the quieter it will get.
    Length x Diameter (mm): 280 x 40
    Weight (grams): 600gr
    Length in front of muzzle: 140mm
    Length back over the barrel 140mm
    give him a ring
    Jim Baker Tel: (Mobile) 07733 043823
    http://www.jimbakerbulletsnguns.co.uk

Hi Bore & Deer
    If it's of any interest, I have a North Star NS-3S sound moderate, but it's not .30" calibre, only up to .25", thread x 20 UNF, it's had minimal use and the condition is as new.
    I would like 150, exchange face to face.
    Regards
    Stiffy

Pics available here - http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ound-moderator
    Last edited by Stiffy; 03-05-2012 at 17:08.

Hi boar and deer I have a north star 1/2inch thread 30 cal only fired 40 rounds pme if your interested

I have a Third Eye Tactical. 1/2' UNF, 30 cal Mod, used this on my 25-06 maybe 40 rounds and 60 rounds on my 22 Hornet, should have bought the 6mm version but was concerned there might not be enough clearance, can post to RFD, 150 posted

good condition, light, compact and fully strippable

FlyBoy270

Just a thought, re my earlier post, I'll throw in an 8mm drill bit!