Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BDS Branch Events What would you like to see in the programme ?

BDS Branch Events What would you like to see in the programme ?

Canvassing opinion on what members of the BDS would like to see in a branch programme?

The BDS is made up of people from all walks of life; stalkers, photographers, conservationists, landowners, people with a combined interest in Deer, but not neccesarily for the same reasons.

I wonder what members of the forum (you), would like to see organised for your branch programmes?

What would you like to see organised?

What type of events would you attend?

Would you like informal training / experience in anything?

Would you like to visit anything in particualar?

What would be a popular social gathering?

I'd rather this be constructive, if possible

I dont think you can go wrong with kit, a chance to try shiny new stuff and see some kit for yourself and have a natter about pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Highwayman Inn BeechPike, Elkstone, GL53 9PH 1930hrs.

Anyone going?

Agenda:
    Diseases in deer. (Allan Barell)
    Rifle maintenance (Steve Bowers)
    Extended diploma in countryside management. (Liam Stokes)
    NGO Policy issues. (Tim Weston)

Kings and Sportsman reps will be in attendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    Hi Jack,

Is it NGO members only, or do you allow interested others to attend?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    You should have turned up, no cards were requested.
    All were welcome as far as I could tell.
    A good run through of the diseases in deer and a useful run through of rifle cleaning by Steve Bowers.
    Finished at 2200hrs. Free buffet.
    I had a good chat with a vet.
    I was extremely miffed to miss out on this NGO evening so there are some suggestions!

I have not had any contact from the Branch BDS secretary since his original introduction/welcome 9 months ago, how often are branch events held?

I joined the BDS for one year they had my 50 or whatever it was and i didnt recieve or here anything from them until my subs were due again one year later needless to say i didnt renew !

Informal training:- Basic & advanced carcase preparation, butchery & cooking, advanced shooting techniques.
    Social:- Deer & wine tasting
    Other:- Comparative demonstrations of kit such as optics, featuring differant brands and price ranges, particularly after field use for a season. Also comparisons items of clothing & boots, again after use. atbTim

Tim if you get across to the BSRC on sunday there is a SE Branch BDS range day including Driven moose and a .22rf range and a venison BBQ for lunch.

Its a good social a great place to discuss Kit shooting techniques and position etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wood View Post
    Tim if you get across to the BSRC on sunday there is a SE Branch BDS range day including Driven moose and a .22rf range and a venison BBQ for lunch.

Its a good social a great place to discuss Kit shooting techniques and position etc.
    Thanks for letting me know.atb Tim

Hi Guys,

I am an active member of BDS South West Scotland, We have a very full programme going from our Range days once a month from April till Oct, Fruits of the Forest at Kilmarnock College which gives us a good social evening with our other halves and some fantastic food to our Best Practice days aimed at those still to do Level 2.

I also give freely of my time to those members doing level 2 in my area who need training or assessing.

Regards Dalkur

There are some really good ideas here, everything from gun maintenance to the gralloch and diseases. everyone would enjoy these, keeps you abreast of new kit and regs etc, the more the better say I

Hi good idea ,if you don't ask you don't get. I would be very interested in doing a reloading day also a dog for deer day too.if I could help in any way I will cheers bazil