what binoculars ?

wint

Im looking to buy some binos & was just wondering if anyone uses minox,leupold,or any others within a £400 budget cant afford swars or leica etc :( thanks andy

i got a pair of leupold 8x42 wind river cascades roof prism,really pleased with them,very clear and good in low light,had them from usa of ebay,i think they cost me about £230ish all in.

Zeiss Dekarem 10x50 £75-100 on feebay multi coated

Aca Avian from Ace Cameras, Yate or Bath. <£300
Leica or Swarovski if you are a dedicated follower of fashion. :lol:

I've had good luck with the Minox wint, I paid exactly £400 for a pair of HG 8.5X43 that I brought in from the USA (Cameraland NY, tax and duty all paid) and have found them to be excellent. Their low light performance is especially impressive in my view.

I would say the build isn't up to the swaros, though it is just fine, and if I was using them professionally then I would go for swaro but I've compared them to swaro in terms of optics and have even been in a situation where I could see the antlers with my Minox while the stalker beside me couldn't with his swaros. Based on that I think they are well suited for "hobby" use and the optics will be hard to beat at the price.

With the changes in the $ and £ I don't know if you could still bring them in for £400 but I would certainly recommend that you go and take a look at them, especially if you can test them in low light. Last week my Minox could pick details of the antlers on a little sika stag that was only 20 yards from me but I couldn't see it at all with the naked eye. In performance terms that is all I need.

wint said:
Im looking to buy some binos & was just wondering if anyone uses minox,leupold,or any others within a £400 budget cant afford swars or leica etc :( thanks andy
spent £555 at macleods on a set of kahles 8x42 lovely tidy set

I use Nikon Monarchs 10x42 they out last my S&B 8x56 in low light, I paid about £250 from the USA 3yrs back

Back