Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your ultimate goal.

Your ultimate goal.

What is your ultimate stalking goal, have you already reached it or are you just out for the enjoyment and the open air life?
    basil.

I think our goals change as we get older - a bit like the 5 ages of fisherman, ie

Catch a fish, any fish
    Catch lots of fish
    Catch a really big fish
    Catch a really difficult fish
    Teach someone else to catch fish
    (Then watch them catch a fish, any fish, and so on.............)

I think stalking's a bit like that

Tha is a very admirable view Mole, never really thought of it like that before but it is what all of us with a passion aspire to do wether it is a family business or a pastime we love.

Playin with my grandson last week an I said to the boss, won't be long before we need to start thinkin about getting him a rifle, to which she replied...........

He's only 2

I know but RPA's arn't gonna get any cheaper

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

Removes tongue from cheek!

Rgds Ian

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole

Catch a fish, any fish
    Catch lots of fish
    Catch a really big fish
    Catch a really difficult fish
    Teach someone else to catch fish
    (Then watch them catch a fish, any fish, and so on.............)
    the more i read this, the more i can relate to this
    very well put
    legal
    you are prime example of this for me, i hope i never lose that feeling it brought us that night

fish

basil i think the mole has it right
    i'm still at the top of the list
    but look forward to working my way down it
    JayJay

Can relate to that I have no sons but my nephew shot his first driven pheasent and partridge with me shot his first roe and became a gamekeeper. Now in afgahan as a dog handler in army.but wants to return to keeping later.

Hi guys made me think this, But for me is to gain & learn as much as possiable about deer stalking. Wheather its on the open hill to doin the paper work. Also having a nice twelve pointer (royal) looking proudly sat on my lounge wall. But i suppose having a good days stalk out on the open hill watchin red stags in the peak of the rut lay down wind to there sent followed by a fast heart beating stalk to your beast, is something that sat by my open fire with a large galss of whisky at night will always be a day to remember.

wish

I am trying to manage my stalking so that I leave a number of ambitions. I have shot roe, fallow and sika and this year would like to get a muntie. I dont chase medals and if poss start with does, then prickets then a buck/stag. If the gods smile and I get a nice beast all well and good.

I really enjoy progressing and learning and as such enjoy the challenges one at a time. I often pay for stalking but cant see the point on jumping straight in on the big boys.

Ultimately I would love to try Alaska moose, elk, caribou and reindeer etc