Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fieldsports Britain

Fieldsports Britain

I wonder if the shooter from tonight's program has a condition on their .243 to shoot goose eggs and frozen pork legs as promised in next weeks show ? If not have they broken the law ? Is this really necessary and does it do any good for our sport ?

There are some really good subjects on this show. it is such a shame they have to spoil it like this.

Permission to shoot inanimate targets? Can't see it being a problem. I have milk cartons conditioned on mine
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    can't say what i would like about this show, (thin ice),

but im not impressed with it at all. MOST OF THE TIME.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I think it is a bit of harmless fun, it was in a safe environment and its no different to shooting paper targets really.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wonder if the shooter from tonight's program has a condition on their .243 to shoot goose eggs and frozen pork legs as promised in next weeks show ? If not have they broken the law ? Is this really necessary and does it do any good for our sport ?

There are some really good subjects on this show. it is such a shame they have to spoil it like this.
    does it really matter ?? you tube is full of videos of people shooting different objects.whats shooting eggs,cans fruit,or any other object got to do with our sport.
    maybe if people did shoot objects and prcatice a bit more they may not miss or wound an animal.
    "is it necessary" propably not but it fills a time slot and makes some people laugh.didnt you used to plink tin can or toy soliders with an airgun as a kid,just the same as shooting an egg with C/F,in fact there are comps where an egg has to be hit at 500 yards,are they doing anyhting wrong or is it what ever this channel broadcasts someone has to pick holes in it,if you dont like it dont watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    does it really matter ?? you tube is full of videos of people shooting different objects.whats shooting eggs,cans fruit,or any other object got to do with our sport.
    maybe if people did shoot objects and prcatice a bit more they may not miss or wound an animal.
    "is it necessary" propably not but it fills a time slot and makes some people laugh.didnt you used to plink tin can or toy soliders with an airgun as a kid,just the same as shooting an egg with C/F,in fact there are comps where an egg has to be hit at 500 yards,are they doing anyhting wrong or is it what ever this channel broadcasts someone has to pick holes in it,if you dont like it dont watch it.
    big +1

Thanks for your comments. I do like the show as I said. What I wanted to know and I don't think anyone has answered is . Is it illegal if there isn't a condition against the rifle?. Yes I did plink tin cans like everyone else but you didn't need a certificate or condition against it for that.

My condition is for shooting deer or zeroing on ranges or land where I have permission to shoot.

Ff

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    Thanks "see it shoot it' but I was asking a question about the legalities of shooting legs of pork with a centre fire. We are supposed to be sensible people with exemplary attitude to the law.

Well, if I throw out a few clays and shoot at them with a rifle, trying to hit 3 in quick succession for example, then I'm zeroing would be my view - I'm establishing how myself and the rifle shoot from different positions and maybe under pressure of time. I suspect that most would agree this is valuable practise.

I don't see how shooting at eggs or other similar objects are any different - it is merely zeroing on a target.

Firefly a target is a target would you ask the same about ballistic putty or were you just hoping to start a slanging match about the program, it I not unusual to use pigs to test ammo due to it's resemblance to human flesh. If you do not understand the conditions on your FAC perhaps you should contact your FLO to have it explained, though he may decide to question your suitability for having a firearm.