Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stalking gloves

Question Stalking gloves

Hi was out shooting today with widows son and the wind and rain turned my hands red with the cold!!!
    So thought i'd ask what gloves you guys swear by for wearing whilst stalking/shooting?
    Not looking for neoprene gloves as i've had em before and didn't find em warm.

Cheers
    Daz

Seal skin gloves about 40 quid not cheap but warm as toast and waterproof and
    has a shooters finger

I find MacWet gloves very good. Even seem to work when soaking wet. The longer wristed ones are better.

Hope this helps,

David.

Quote Originally Posted by jewfish View Post
    has a shooters finger
    Sorry jewfish I don't agree, I think they are comfortable in moderate weather but not in the very cold, I don't find them very waterproof and with the leather take a bit of drying.
    I have lots of differing pairs of gloves for various weather and stalking conditions. I haven't found a perfect pair for all conditions. If I want very warm and waterproof I take the Harkila. The every day stalking gloves I use I bought in John Lewis, brown leather gents gloves, very durable and comfortable, and on and off very easily and quietly.

Mark Todd thinsulate riding gloves,

Quote Originally Posted by jewfish View Post
    has a shooters finger
    Can't agree with the Sealskinz shooting gloves. I found them colder than other cheaper ones and if your hands do sweat the liner pulls out and twists if you need to remove them. I rarely wear mine anymore.

I have to agree with Prometheus on the fact that if water does get in they aren't the fastest drying gloves.

All that said I swear by my sealskinz socks inside my leaky KSB boots when out for a days walking in the hills
    A pat on the back is often just a recce for the knife.

Unlined leather gloves waterproofed with nikwax. Nice & thin so you can wear them whilst pulling the trigger, but warm enough & windproof.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Assassin View Post
    Unlined leather gloves waterproofed with nikwax. Nice & thin so you can wear them whilst pulling the trigger, but warm enough & windproof.
    +1 except without the nikwax, will have to try that!

I bought some camo work gloves in Canada once.
    Like B&Q Builders gloves with the rubber palm but much thicker and better quality. warm as hell and shrug off the water on the back despite being woven.

pockets are good too!

Mac Wet Climatec, little cold to start with but once you start walking and your body warms up these get warm and stay warm I was wearing these all winter even when it was minus five outside and never had a problem. Good dexterity as I can even load my fiddly 22lr rounds without a problem.

If you do get some make sure they are tight tight as they do loosen a little over time!

Thanks a lot for the info guys!
    I'll have to get down the shops and try some on.
    Don't want to buy off the net and buy the wrong size!

Cheers
    Daz