Andrew Williams

armwilliams

Hello all. I've been hunting now for about 5 years, regularly. I enjoy rifle and shotgun related hunting however, most of my time in the field is now for deer.

Kit:- Leica geovid hd (the absolute business), sauer 202 in 6.5 (great working man's rifle), swaro 3-18x50 z6i (great for all situations). It's taken a while to get this kit together, but now I'm set.

I've got a couple I old shotguns, nikko 12 gauge and beretta 20 gauge. I can't get too worked up about fancy shotguns.

Welcome to the SD, sounds like some nice kit.
I love my leica's too. How do you find the Z6?

Regards,

Daz.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will find it useful - especially as you have a good set up there so wont be swayed by the Blaser/Sako in-fighters:cool:

Welcome to the SD, sounds like some nice kit.
I love my leica's too. How do you find the Z6?

Regards,

Daz.

Daz308

sorry I haven’t been into my old posts a while. Not familiar with this system I guess - other forums I received an email so say “you got a reply” or something similar.

to answer your question:- I had a proper look at all the top of the range scopes. For me, it basically came down to form/function/familiarity. I really like the glass in the leicas, but I didn’t care for the handling of the Magnus scope, without trying the Nikon in the field I was reluctant to change

I developed an issue with my eye so wanted a larger objective lense. I ended up with the z6i 2.5-15x56 and sold the other. The z8i was just more money for .... I didn’t see the benefit.

Back