Thread: Wanted new sako quad barrel only in .22 wmr

Wanted new sako quad barrel only in .22 wmr

Hi Guys

Anyone have or know where to source a new .22 wmr barrel for the Sako quad in varmint

GMK have none in stock

Thanks
    Phil

Got one in Sporter, screwcut 1/2" (they all are), shot about 60 rounds through it changed to 17HMR and have not bothered with it since

if its of any interest, 110 and its yours, can post to RFD for 15

FlyBoy270

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Hi Guys

Anyone have or know where to source a new .22 wmr barrel for the Sako quad in varmint

GMK have none in stock

Thanks
    Phil
    I got mine for my Varmint from R&B Sporting in Ross on Wye, took a week to come in and cost 200 for the kit.

Call Rob on: 01989 763859

He seemed to be the only one that could get one in a sensible time so I didn't mind paying the extra 15 as most charge around 185.

edit: Fly the sporter is the standard barrel the Varmint is the heavy barrel which aren't interchangeable except for the magazines.

Cheers Guys ,
    Greatly appreciated, has to be a varmint barrel for fitting as I have ordered a .22 lr in varmint as well to arrive with the rifle action, will try Rob again in the morning

Regards
    Phil

Theres a couple on Guntrader - I take it you have checked they are not varmint??

surely the action, bolt and mag are the same whether varmint or not?
    cant believe they would produce two of everything and those parts dont influence the barrel profile

the issue will be barrel channel in the stock.
    A varmint wouldn't fit a sporter stock and a sporter would look ridiculous in a varmint stock

If you are going for a synthetic, as I have, there is a plastic piece that screws under the barrel to fill the stock for a sporter barrel, remove it for Varmint, . . . Simples, same action for all
    cheers
    FlyBoy270

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    surely the action, bolt and mag are the same whether varmint or not?
    cant believe they would produce two of everything and those parts dont influence the barrel profile

the issue will be barrel channel in the stock.
    A varmint wouldn't fit a sporter stock and a sporter would look ridiculous in a varmint stock

Perhaps my post wasnt that clear - What I meant was have you checked whether the barrels on gun trader are sporter or varmint (as the OP states he's after a varmint profile).

Your quite right, either barrel fit the action (The bolt works with all calibres on the quad and the mags are specific to two calibres each .17HM and .22wmr for one and .22lr and .17Mach2 for the other) but the sporter barrel would look a bit funny in a varmint stocked rifle.. I didnt know about the stock/forend insert mentioned above but it sounds like a good idea.

FB - I might be interested in that if the OP doesnt want it. If it doesnt go and I'm up north anytime soon I'll give you a shout.

Hi Guys
    Checked out the barrels on the trader + also rang a shed load of others, (I bet there's a new one sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere as well), one has seen some use (in varmint) and tother is sporter type
    I have ordered the varmint barrelled (wooden stock) via my local gunsmith from the importer, they had a delivery from sako yesterday, everything delivered - except for the the .22 WMR IN VARMINT SCREW CUT, next delivery is august ????? and have placed a back order for one, gunsmith in sussex have one s/h in stock and going to have a look at that in the morning see what its like, or will have the .22 lr barrel in the action until august until the new one arrives.

Bit of a sorry tale, but its worth the wait - I guess I shall get there eventually, thanks for all your help guys appreciated

Phil