My First official Medal head

groach1234

Well I have just had the muntjac I shot at the weekend with a friend from uni measured by Gary Tatterton and its gone a mid silver at 59. 8 and I'm over the moon :D:D:D:D He showed me a head he was mounting for someone that had gone something like 72.8 and was an absolute monster. I think I owe the guy a few drinks when i get back to uni for letting me shoot it but we both thought nothing of it when I was at his and assumed it was just a representative buck :rolleyes:

IMG_0640.jpg

George

Another Trophy Hunter is born :D:D:D, only kidding, hopefully the first of many, i'm sure you'll be adding that roebuck you shot this season to your medal collection, nice munty and lovely colour of the antlers.

Well done.

Moose

Thanks very much guys.

Another Trophy Hunter is born :D:D:D, only kidding, hopefully the first of many, i'm sure you'll be adding that roebuck you shot this season to your medal collection, nice munty and lovely colour of the antlers.

Well done.

Moose

Thanks and yeah I'm hoping he will he's dried out at 547 and not dropped a gram in at 2 weeks so should do something possible silver? I wish i'd caped it out after having seen his work but at least i know for future reference.

George

Well done George!!!

If you wanted to get your roe head done use a different cape, I accept its not quite the same but I have done it for 1 of mine as I wanted a winter coat.

cheers

Well done George!!!

If you wanted to get your roe head done use a different cape, I accept its not quite the same but I have done it for 1 of mine as I wanted a winter coat.

cheers

Yeah i know i spoke to him about it but think i'll have to wait how ever long it may be until i get one of equal or greater standard the same with the muntjac as i doubt i'll shoot a better one than that in the near future but really didn't respect it for what it was at the time when i took the head from the body :doh:.

George

Well done if its the full skull and you still have the bottom jaw I have a nice design of shield that shows munt heads off really well

Well done if its the full skull and you still have the bottom jaw I have a nice design of shield that shows munt heads off really well

Thanks for the offer but chucked the bottom jaw will probably mount it on a shield like the ones done by bush wear with the bit for a medal below it.

George

Well done!I was wondering whether the tusks tend to fall out when you boil the head or do people tend to remove them so they will fit on a shield?

Back