Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMH Tracking Day Scotland

BMH Tracking Day Scotland

Was anyone else planning to attend the BMH Societies tracking day in Scotland next weekend?

It does not appear to be listed on their website anymore which is disappointing and I cant seem to get a reply via email as to what is happening

hi david,
    im training a GSP and phoned the club to ask about this meet saying i would make the numbers up if they werent bothered about me not having a BMH and were short of people. the guy i spoke with said sure i could attend but id have to join the club first, he also said that they were trying to run the course as they had lots of members north of the border that were complaining about everything to do with the club being down south, but that now they had arranged a days training they were struggling to fill the places. i did say id ring him back to see nearer the time if things were going ahead, but to be honest i forgot to. so long story cut short prob just couldnt get the interest off people to make it worth the trip and organization of it all.
    kind regards
    jimmy

Not sure David but I was told at the basc game fair that in spite of the interest shown and the requests for a day in the north only one dog was registered to attend.

I would suggest it was the requirment of having to join the society. Big mistake in my book and they should embrace all . The only way they will increase there membership is if they show they are the right place for the owner and the dog to be. Try before you bye

I have had a very helpful telephone call this evening regarding the date and I was the only person who put down for it hence the reason it's not going ahead. I thought it would have been a good opportunity for people north of the border to attend some tracking tests. If any are advertised again, I would ask people to think about booking up otherwise they will never happen up this neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I would suggest it was the requirment of having to join the society. Big mistake in my book and they should embrace all . The only way they will increase there membership is if they show they are the right place for the owner and the dog to be. Try before you bye
    I know what you say Davy but its only about £15 to join so it would have been a cheap day !

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I presume you are a member then by your comments
    Considering you hav a BMH

Not at the moment stone but if they ever wake up to the fact there is life out side englandshire i might.

I'd say very little chance of them doing that, they've jist tried to organise something and couldnae generate any interest so why are they going to organsie any thing else. U cannae moan they dinae do owt and then not support it and still moan they dinae do owt.

I pm'd the boy a while back offering to give him a hand laying tracks the day afore as i live down the road and ken the estate pretty well, althou i wasnae going to take my dog, be another few years afore i start (if i do) any tracking work

Davy
    You seem to have a strange outlook on where you seem to stand considering you are promoting a Bavarian
    I can't speak for the BMH society
    But wot I can say is in my opinion is the BMH society is doing something positive where BMH's are concerned
    With a small gene pool can only mean a small membership
    And if other BMH owners are not prepared to support a group that fought so hard to get the breed recognised in the UK
    Pretty poor show
    Considering the lengths you hav gone to promote good practice in deer management and now training days
    But still you slate good practice where the breed is concerned
    Sorry my friend but you need to look at the bigger picture