Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tick Removal

Tick Removal

Admin edit: Please be aware the below method of removing ticks is not recommended.

Had this sent to my deer dog facebook group from one of our US members,

Have not tried it yet,

anybody els heard of this way ?

I thought it was a bad thing to smother them..!

I have bean told about lots of differant methods of tick removal but this one is a new one to me.

Tick Removal.

A nurse discovered a safe, easy way to remove ticks where they automatically withdraw themselves when you follow her simple instructions. Read this one as it could save you from some major problems. Tick Removal: Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing their heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your children, or your pets. Give it a try. Please forward to anyone with children, hunters or dogs; or anyone who even steps outside in summer! A School Nurse has written the info below--good enough to share--and it really works! "I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great because it works in those places where it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark h...air, etc.":

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20); the tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.

This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.." "Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!" Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful.
    Last edited by csl; 26-04-2012 at 18:05. Reason: Warning added

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    Had this sent to my deer dog facebook group from one of our US members,

Have not tried it yet,

anybody els heard of this way ?

I thought it was a bad thing to smother them..!

I have bean told about lots of differant methods of tick removal but this one is a new one to me.

Tick Removal.

A nurse discovered a safe, easy way to remove ticks where they automatically withdraw themselves when you follow her simple instructions. Read this one as it could save you from some major problems. Tick Removal: Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing their heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your children, or your pets. Give it a try. Please forward to anyone with children, hunters or dogs; or anyone who even steps outside in summer! A School Nurse has written the info below--good enough to share--and it really works! "I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great because it works in those places where it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark h...air, etc.":

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20); the tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.

This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.." "Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!" Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful.
    I must try this next time thanks for posting

Think I'll stick to my tick o tom
    Last edited by spaceball; 26-04-2012 at 19:29.

i thaught that method of removal wasnt good as it spits its juice back into your bloodstream can someone clarify as i thaught the only safe removal was with a tick tool,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

DO NOT DO THIS SOAP TRICK

Please avoid it like the plague.

1) Any thing which does not grip the mouth parts to remove immediately can cause the tick to spasm and send its stomach contents including Lymes disease into the host.

2) Have a look on the O'Tom.com website microphotographs where you can see that the mouth parts have little barbs on them and by twisting the head of the tick the barbs are wrapped around the mouth tube and are thus released. Pulling has the opposite effect.

3) The original post seems to use an awful lot of anecdotal reference to medical personel in order to reassure. Reads like a con to me.

4) Buy a set of O'Tom tick removers, Limulus has an ad in classified!

5) have a look on the bada-uk.org charity website.

6) DO NOT DO THIS SOAP TRICK

EDIT give a lie a head start and you will never catch it up, could the moderators delete this thread incase somebody only reads the first post.
    pms sent to admin and cooking fat
    Last edited by Alantoo; 26-04-2012 at 15:05. Reason: pms sent

[QUOTE=Alantoo;366402]DO NOT DO THIS SOAP TRICK

Agreed, the BADA site is the one to look at.

FGS if you're going to remove ticks follow this method:

Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Just had a pm from a member that says this method is very dangerous so admin please remove,

as i said i did think it was bad to smother them.

Tony

Found this on the Hoax-slayer web site

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/liquid-so...-removal.shtml

Recommends N OT to use soap as a method of tick removal

Mulac

Hi Tony you can edit it yourself as poster, there is an edit button below the post...