Thread: I've only gone and done it!

I've only gone and done it!

Just splashed out on an RCBS Charge Master Combo from the states. Its Pay day!!

At best I will save 130 rather than buying it from a UK stockist. At worst 60!

I figured 300 odd rounds and the machine has paid itself off.

Just wanted to gloat! Sorry

Good for you mate, I get all my reloading gear from the states and save money every time. In fact I dont know why anyone buys stuff in this country.
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by 2428 miles View Post
    Just splashed out on an RCBS Charge Master Combo from the states. Its Pay day!!

At best I will save 130 rather than buying it from a UK stockist. At worst 60!

I figured 300 odd rounds and the machine has paid itself off.

Just wanted to gloat! Sorry
    I have been thinking about ordering from the states, is there a guide to what import duty there will be to pay etc...???...

Thanks

This will give you a fairly good idea:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-im...x-calculation/

I got mine from ebay from a store called "RC Store". He seems to do quite a lot of sales to the UK and has a glowing record, so thought it would be woth a shot.
    The last two items i have had through from America got through without having to pay any charges so even if i do get stung, i think it will even out. Its just like train tickets!

Hey mate,
    So you did it then. The bisley idea is really getting a hold now ehh. You I'll be changing barrels next, LOL

i keep thinking about buying one of these

Quote Originally Posted by Simjim33 View Post
    Hey mate,
    So you did it then. The bisley idea is really getting a hold now ehh. You I'll be changing barrels next, LOL
    Well, I'm going to load for my brother and another friend so in a weak moment gave the credit card a bashing!

Not wishing to overstate the bleedin' obvious - but make sure when buying from the US that the voltage is correct for the UK otherwise it is a trip to Maplins (other shops are available) for an adaptor?

The Chargemaster is the best bit of reloading kit I have but can I suggest the Lyman powder pan to go with it because it does away with the need for a funnel. Much quicker?

Info here

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/118739/lyman-electronic-scale-powder-funnel-pan

and the reviews are worth reading.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by 2428 miles View Post
    This will give you a fairly good idea:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-im...x-calculation/

I got mine from ebay from a store called "RC Store". He seems to do quite a lot of sales to the UK and has a glowing record, so thought it would be woth a shot.
    The last two items i have had through from America got through without having to pay any charges so even if i do get stung, i think it will even out. Its just like train tickets!
    Thats great thanks for that.........Rich